Fridge door won’t fully shut

hatjoepeg

T6 Pro
I have just noticed that the fridge door doesn’t seem to be shutting properly.
We have a Dometic crx0050 so it can be left on vent when there is nothing in there but when I try and close it the seal doesn’t seem to touch on the closing side, and the door wobbles.
the top and bottom latches appear to be engaging though.
I have a suspicion that we may have shut the door and put it to the vent position after a few weekends away rather than putting it to vent before shutting the door but not sure if that would have damaged anything?
I managed to find a contact page on the dometic website but no response as yet.
Any ideas anyone?

CA55DC2D-D0DC-41CB-95F6-81B8A5A0E1C7.jpeg

There’s not much it can be.
Are both hinges secure?
Are top and bottom latch plates intact? The bottom one is easily broken if forced, but it can be successfully glued.
Is the door seal correctly seated in the groove?
If all good remove the shelves, boxes and trays and try again.

I have just noticed that the fridge door doesn’t seem to be shutting properly.
We have a Dometic crx0050 so it can be left on vent when there is nothing in there but when I try and close it the seal doesn’t seem to touch on the closing side, and the door wobbles.
the top and bottom latches appear to be engaging though.
I have a suspicion that we may have shut the door and put it to the vent position after a few weekends away rather than putting it to vent before shutting the door but not sure if that would have damaged anything?
I managed to find a contact page on the dometic website but no response as yet.
Any ideas anyone?

View attachment 129703
I recently found that my fridge door needed a bit of an extra push to close, and even then, the side opposite the hinges seemed to have a bit of a spring to the seal. I found that the reason is that the fridge is no longer square inside the unit surrounding it. When shut, the bottom corner of the door presses against the unit wall and stops it closing properly. I am yet to adjust it, but photo (with door in vent position) is attached.

8A7FC645-1A56-404E-8FDD-3BA994855A1D.jpeg

99DE0A42-703E-4FC0-8418-FF7DA3E76338.jpeg

There’s not much it can be.
Are both hinges secure?
Are top and bottom latch plates intact? The bottom one is easily broken if forced, but it can be successfully glued.
Is the door seal correctly seated in the groove?
If all good remove the shelves, boxes and trays and try again.
Pretty sure I have been through all of that but will have another look
thanks

I recently found that my fridge door needed a bit of an extra push to close, and even then, the side opposite the hinges seemed to have a bit of a spring to the seal. I found that the reason is that the fridge is no longer square inside the unit surrounding it. When shut, the bottom corner of the door presses against the unit wall and stops it closing properly. I am yet to adjust it, but photo (with door in vent position) is attached.

View attachment 129709

View attachment 129710
Thanks
it feels like the top left corner should be ‘locating’ into something and then all would be fine, you see that pin in your photo?

I had a similar problem for a while and it was driving me crazy. When I finally investigated properly I found that my wife had taken to just using the vertical flap, as opposed to pinning it back using the horizontal shelf. When vertical flap sits outside of the shelf the door does not seal properly. I know that... now!

20210909_224449.jpg

Seems daft, but worth checking. In fact, I am away camping now (long weekend), so I think I should check again...

Thanks
it feels like the top left corner should be ‘locating’ into something and then all would be fine, you see that pin in your photo?
When I lift the handle on the door of mine, there is an oblong pin that retracts into the door in the middle and again at the middle of the bottom of the door. This frees them from the clip at the top and the bottom of the fridge. These are what locks the door shut. I dont think the pin on the end of the door does anything more than act as a guide. The vent position involves turning the central lever at the top-middle of the fridge to the left so that the door left slightly open. This is the vent position (it involves no more than leaving the door open). I don’t know if this video helps show what it should do and therefore identify what may be wrong with yours. Are the top and bottom pins retracting into their clips when you are closing the door?
Perhaps another thing to check is that the fridge shelf isn’t sticking-out slightly and stopping the door from closing.

If there is nothing jamming the door then there is not much to check. Pull the fridge out and check the hinge brackets are secure and not loose/twisted. These are the brackets on hinge side, one at top and one at bottom. I think there are 3 x torx screws in each bracket.

Check the vent rotary switch is working ok and you are not closing against the vent.

Check the white seal is seated correctly, there are not normally glued in just a push fit.

If all ok then could be the lock. Open door, pull back seat at top revealing 3 x screws. Undo and this will allow the lock mechanism to pull upwards and remove. Check all is ok or faulty. With lock removed you ca close the door to check if closing properly.

It must be one of these things.

Good luck with Dometic website and call backs.:oops:

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 129709

View attachment 129710
the hinge bracket has come loose and needs religned and tightened, this will skew the door

If there is nothing jamming the door then there is not much to check. Pull the fridge out and check the hinge brackets are secure and not loose/twisted. These are the brackets on hinge side, one at top and one at bottom. I think there are 3 x torx screws in each bracket.

Check the vent rotary switch is working ok and you are not closing against the vent.

Check the white seal is seated correctly, there are not normally glued in just a push fit.

If all ok then could be the lock. Open door, pull back seat at top revealing 3 x screws. Undo and this will allow the lock mechanism to pull upwards and remove. Check all is ok or faulty. With lock removed you ca close the door to check if closing properly.

It must be one of these things.

Good luck with Dometic website and call backs.:oops:

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Ian:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Many thanks, will do all of that, as you say, it must be one of them!?
As for Dometic, it was a bit of a long shot!

I have checked all that and can find no faults
the seal does have a split in it though, will that cause it to deflate a bit and not fill the gap properly? Just a thought

I would think so, you can get spares from the Dometic website, easy to replace.

I have checked all that and can find no faults
the seal does have a split in it though, will that cause it to deflate a bit and not fill the gap properly? Just a thought
The hinge bracket is adjustable so you can essentially pull or push the door in out making the seal tighter

Back