Fly Wheel?

Weeked

Van For Sale
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I Have booked the van for some Warranty repairs on the 21'st and I need to make sure I address one of the issues correctly.

There are 3 problems ( Reverse sensors, passenger seat belt and a weird noise at 1900-2100 rpm while in gear).

It makes a weird noise in any gear between 1900rpm and 2100rpm....like a whistle or wining noise. Never heard that on a car before.

The Van has 51k miles and is 2018. Do you think the Fly Wheel is the issue? How should I approach this with the dealer?

Thanks

I may not be joining the dots correctly here, however, I read recently of some owners having brake pipes on the bulkhead vibrating at similar revs.

Perhaps worth a search.

I have an annoying rattle on my car which I’ve stripped lots of the dashboard out to try and eliminate. Its so difficult to pinpoint the source of the noise in the cabin. Passenger air bag out next to put fabric tape on its cradle. It’ll be ear plugs or stereo upgrade next!

Ian

It makes that sound only when in gear and is not vibrating at all. Just a whistle type of sound...similar with turbo sound when going.

Any smell of fumes?

Possible cracked EGR pipe causing a turbo whistle..?

Either way, when you book it in ask them if you can go an a quick test drive with the tech to highlight the noise/problem.

No fumes smell. Like I said is happening only in gear if I rev it with clutch pressed or off gears no noise .

Back