Clutch and DMF result

mrmortar

Hi everyone,

Ever since I bought my T6.1 this year in Sept I had this strange judder coming through the pedal in 1st and reverse gears. A search through these forums indicated to it could be a DMF issue and I have to admit my heart sank after reading how some folks had to dip into their own pockets to resolve. With only 13k on the clock I didn’t think I could be this unlucky given how mint the van was but to have this sort of issue.

Anyways, had a result this week, finally got a new clutch and DMF fitted to my Kombi under warranty (at dealers expense).
The VW dealer who sold it to me fobbed me off initially saying the juddering was ‘no fault found/normal’.
I didn’t settle for that so with no other option I immediately booked it into another dealer franchise to see what their opinion was (didn’t make any reference to previous dealer findings so to keep it unbiased).
The 2nd inspection agreed there was a fault (bingo). With that proof in hand I got back in touch the original dealer and within a short space of time they sorted me out with a courtesy van and agreed to honour the repairs at no cost to me.

Clutch feels great finally.

I hope this helps guide anyone else who may be experiencing similar issues.

Hi Mate,
What dealers did you go to?
I have similar issue and have been to Liverpool who said there was no issue?

Hi Mate,
What dealers did you go to?
I have similar issue and have been to Liverpool who said there was no issue?
Liverpool VW van Center I got it from - not great to deal unless you force their hand and escalate all the time. Front desk staff are donkeys. Would never buy from them again.
Trafford Inchcape VW were better for troubleshooting and being my second opinion. End of the day, for me I was always advised to take it back to where I got it from if remedial works were required.

If you bought it privately, then go back to Liverpool and insist a technician goes out with you… make them feel the issue. Don’t be fobbed off with ‘they all do that’. If the DMF is fooked and they agree to fix it… be prepared to have to pay for the clutch plates as they’ll say they can’t cover that as it’s a consumable item.

Maybe I should come along too… and brighten up their day

Brill thanks mate.
I will contact them again tomorrow and get it booked in.
How’s it been since you got your new clutch and DMF fitted?
Are they updated parts?

Brill thanks mate.
I will contact them again tomorrow and get it booked in.
How’s it been since you got your new clutch and DMF fitted?
Are they updated parts?
Sadly I ran out of patience with mine and ended up rejecting it so I am no more a VW Transporter driver.
Although I fancied another the general poor service and trauma from 9 months of hell of ownership put me off the brand.
I've since gone back to a car.

Don't listen to the front desk staff by the way, I think they deliberately act dumb to fob customers off. Just ask to speak to the service manager if you are getting no where.

Sadly I ran out of patience with mine and ended up rejecting it so I am no more a VW Transporter driver.
Although I fancied another the general poor service and trauma from 9 months of hell of ownership put me off the brand.
I've since gone back to a car.

Don't listen to the front desk staff by the way, I think they deliberately act dumb to fob customers off. Just ask to speak to the service manager if you are getting no where.
Can you contact me with your details mate, so I have some evidence when I go in and argue my case this week?
Cheers

Back