Fixing down camper furniture?

Rg_

T6 Guru
Hi guys just wondering how you normally fit and secure camper furniture and kitchens down in the van once assembled?

Through the floor or on the sides? Don't want everything to start flying!

Thanks

Id say most people use some sort of metal/plastic angle bracket - nice and easy to work with.
There are loads of types - just make sure that the screw length is suitable for fixing through the face edge of your furniture - if youve spent money on expensive gloss or laminated ply, and you pop a hole through the front face.....you can patch the hole, but youll never get it looking right.

Id say most people use some sort of metal/plastic angle bracket - nice and easy to work with.
There are loads of types - just make sure that the screw length is suitable for fixing through the face edge of your furniture - if youve spent money on expensive gloss or laminated ply, and you pop a hole through the front face.....you can patch the hole, but youll never get it looking right.
Ok great thanks I'll look into that.

The plastic brackets are called modesty blocks you can buy them all over

Or some of them are anyway!

Depending on what you are fitting I would probably want 2 points of fixing. Not just in the floor. Probably closer to the top with the bracket going from the gable to the van and maybe something in the floor too

Reactions: Rg_
Floor and sides. The manufacturer of the furniture should tell you where and how to screw it down.

Pete

I don't use plastic modesty blocks to fix the furniture to the van body - I use metal angle brackets - much stronger fixing. Modest blocks are ok for putting furniture together but even then there are only certain types ill use.
s-l400.jpg

I don't use plastic modesty blocks to fix the furniture to the van body - I use metal angle brackets - much stronger fixing. Modest blocks are ok for putting furniture together but even then there are only certain types ill use.
View attachment 100130
Sorry, I just saw plastic bracket and thought I’d share what they’re called. Good for some applications but agreed, probably not for fitting camper furniture to the van. When we rack out our vans we usually glue and screw plywood battens to where we are fixing in the side panels to give a better point to fix to and bracket into that. We have a lot of weight in tools on the shelves and the constant rattling about that driving causes can quickly dislodge screws that are just into plywood side panels.

Back