Five days to go...

Im back now at home....1950 miles with absolutely no issues and van was perfect. Interesting your mpg @Loz, i got about 32mpg @ 75-80mph so that bit of extra speed abviously costs a fair bit!!!!

Had a bit of craziness on the way to Calais.... was making good time for the tunnel but was passed by 4 unmarked cop cars going at crazy speeds. eventually stopped in traffic 15 miles out of Calais which was the queue made by the cops stopping that crazy guy who drove the BMW into the French police in Paris. We were about 20 cars from the incident. Spent well over an hour parked up stationary before they managed to sneak us out down an emergency exit off the motorway into a local village and detour to get back on further up. Anything bigger than a VW camper and cars couldn't get through gap in the armco so had to stay on the autoroute.

Awnings out in the garden drying off in the English sun, leathers been wiped down, floors swept and cleaned. Full van wash tomorrow.

Blimey @Walski - eventful return trip!
Got chatting to a French chap in Pantin who recommended a nice beach, we're now here and it's stunning; called Doninos near Ferrol.

Weather lovely but windy.

Im 100% with you on that, fried spam and cheese toasties are a fav of mine. Im currently having to eat awful spanish sausages lol

We don't eat dairy, eggs or meat any more. Gets tricky at times. Decided fish is okay otherwise we'd all die.

Make up for it in beer and wine.

Well Doninos is lovely but doesn't half get busy!
There's a loony rush from about 2-8pm where any beach car park (except Pantin) gets jammed then clears out.
Nice tapas last night and a really nice run just now; gave myself a good rest after feeling a bit rough as I killed my immune system for a year by overdoing it a few years ago. This was a warning sign!

Anyway dawn beach view;

20645453_10154727679332805_4369277015816564024_o.jpg

Back in Pantin again! Checked a lovely beach nearby but it was a bit cramped for camping. Did a 5 mile run that way this morning; stunning but a mile mile ascent was a killer!
We over ordered tapas yesterday and ended up with a tonne of fried squid; delicious but that much batter disagreed with me so I was up at midnight feeling a tad queasy; but I witnessed an awesome meteor shower so sort of worth it.

We have a stunning spot here; dawn photo

20819663_10154732973307805_6191102443326892106_o.jpg

B@stards!

They are difficult to secure, at least Chris has a handle on his sup we can loop a bike lock through to create a slight deterrent.

B@stards!

They are difficult to secure, at least Chris has a handle on his sup we can loop a bike lock through to create a slight deterrent.
Yep a bit of a downer but if you need to steal stuff, life if sh*t so they are already beaten.
I'll order one for when I return.

What a bugger, I hate stealing, you work hard to get stuff you need/want and look after it and some shite thinks he/she has the right to just take it. I would really like to get my hands on these people and teach them the value of stuff you have. If they were in need of the thing badly then perhaps you could understand but a surfboard? Thieves!

I'm looking forward to eating lots of health food at Lynn Tegid next week lol
Be sure to visit the Tryweryn dam/Capel Celyn (a sacred place for us Welsh, a reminder where we stand in the scheme of things!) and stop off at the Frongoch cafe on the way

Back