Five days to go...

Be sure to visit the Tryweryn dam/Capel Celyn (a sacred place for us Welsh, a reminder where we stand in the scheme of things!) and stop off at the Frongoch cafe on the way
:-(
I came down the river in a raft many years ago - used to be limited days when they'd open the sluice but every time I've visited in recent years the rivers always seems to be in full flow.

:-(
I came down the river in a raft many years ago - used to be limited days when they'd open the sluice but every time I've visited in recent years the rivers always seems to be in full flow.
I'd love to do that. There's been no shortage of rain in recent years, I think they can keep the rapids going most days; in times of drought though the reservoir drops significantly, sometimes so low the village can be walked in again although I have never seen it

9513432340_e5f431996b_b.jpg

I'd love to do that. There's been no shortage of rain in recent years, I think they can keep the rapids going most days; in times of drought though the reservoir drops significantly, sometimes so low the village can be walked in again although I have never seen it

View attachment 11643
Wow - never seen it like that!! Judging by the amount of kayaks there nowadays I think that it has become quite a lucrative venture for someone - going back to the 80's when we first used to visit Bala there would be a handful there but at weekends now its more like hundreds.

Drove into Santiago de Compostela yesterday; checked into the busy campsite (proper sardine can) but they seem a friendly bunch. Catching up on 8 tonnes of laundry!
Went into town and met my sister and family; really buzzy and it's a lovely place to enjoy an evening.
We'll head off later back to the nearby coast; I have a new board to try out!

20819448_10154738193807805_1332731370101225587_o.jpg

20776831_10154736667712805_614777157604102872_o.jpg

Is that a passenger seat on the back :)
It's to mount a coffee maker :D

Actually it's a tail pad; let's you put more pressure/leverage on your back foot which help you push/pivot on hard turns. One of those things you just get used to having on a board; feels "wrong" without one.

It's to mount a coffee maker :D

Actually it's a tail pad; let's you put more pressure/leverage on your back foot which help you push/pivot on hard turns. One of those things you just get used to having on a board; feels "wrong" without one.
got yer... does it have a hole in it to attach a bike lock you can loop through your wheel?

got yer... does it have a hole in it to attach a bike lock you can loop through your wheel?
There is a leash plug but generally they are okay up high on the roof; I'll stash the new board in the van if we're elsewhere from now on!

A night near a campsite we know in a place called Louro with a lovely swim then

20901691_10154741352222805_4736287658395186116_o.jpg

North to Nemina; been here twice and it's lovely but they have all but stopped any camping! So spied a spot over the river (100 yards walk, 6 mile drive!) and now in our most "wild" camping spot so far; will move a bit later but it'll be very near this spot...

20863401_10154741361042805_681415573124956159_o.jpg

Sun coming back...

Big drive today and we're back in Asurias in the place called Playa Frejulfe; it's stunning! No idea how we've missed it before. Good freecamping set up as well.
Fun surf too.

A splendid day.

Wind a bit too cross shore today so ran to the nearest town to get some cash (the local restaurant next to us doesn't take cards!); was told it was 3km... it was over three miles of VERY hilly coast path! But I like that sort of thing and found a slightly shorter road route back. Plus it was STUNNING.

Also needed water so filled the 15l tank and the solar shower; not normally an issue but it's a hefty hike down the side of a steep hill; 30kgs of water as I hiked back up kept the arms in check.

We might move on tomorrow but might not; we have a stunning beach one side, mountains the other. It's rather lovely.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to get jealous. Glad the bus is bringing you an awesome and eventful trip.

Back