Fitting T6 Kombi Bulkhead

I'm gearing up to fit the above which I have just purchased from local VW Van centre. Couple of questions please.

1. I'm assuming the rear seats have to come out. Mine are the removable type 2 + 1.
2. Do you have to remove the ceiling panels first. I have 3 mm thick light grey coloured hardboard ones.
3. Do you have to remove the flooring. I have the cushioned black type from behind the front seats all the way through to the rear door.
4. Is it possible to still remove the rear seats once the bulkhead has been fitted.

It looks like its going to be a very tight fit so dont want to struggle getting it in only to discover I have not removed enough trim.

I'm gearing up to fit the above which I have just purchased from local VW Van centre. Couple of questions please.

1. I'm assuming the rear seats have to come out. Mine are the removable type 2 + 1.
2. Do you have to remove the ceiling panels first. I have 3 mm thick light grey coloured hardboard ones.
3. Do you have to remove the flooring. I have the cushioned black type from behind the front seats all the way through to the rear door.
4. Is it possible to still remove the rear seats once the bulkhead has been fitted.

It looks like its going to be a very tight fit so dont want to struggle getting it in only to discover I have not removed enough trim.

Yes, I think easier with rear seats out but no, you don't need to remove any panels. Ours was such a tight fit that it didn't need any screw fixings at all, but the base tucked under the D ring plates slightly. The original rubber flooring does not need to be removed.
Ours had holes cut that allowed the rear seat folding mechanism to be released, without having to remove the bulkhead, that then allows seats to be tipped forward.

Back