Fiamma F45s 260

Awesome thanks buddy. Silly question but I am having a pop top done soon... the awning can still go on right??
Now I’m not an expert on this but my pop up roof when down closes and sits within the gutter/roof rail strips so on mine yes, however if the roof you have in mind goes over these strips and covers them then I would say no as it will hit and sit on top of the fixing brackets.
Hope you follow and I would suggest you check/confirm with your intended roof supplier.

Your pop top will sit down on top of your fiamma fixings in the roof rail channel, and the attachment the awning fits to is vertical and away from the vertical movement of the pop top. I personally haven't seen a pop top that encroaches past the roof channel, but it might be worth checking out as Nigel states.

I think this is a conversation you need to have with Skyline and I would also seriously consider getting them to fit the awning as well then if there is a problem its down to them to sort it.
My roof (not Skyline) did slightly catch on the fiamma bracket so the bracket had to be slightly modified to give clearance when opening and closing.

@KombiKommando I got a skyline and so does @spook both of us are using f45s and brackets ... skyline north are fitting the omnistor with fiamma brackets. See here GRAPE YELLOW LWB build thread ,The fun begins
I didn’t modify my brackets in any way or glue it on I used 3mm rubber insertion under awning brackets so didn’t damage van and just bolted in existing roof rack holes. Mines a lwb

Excellent! What brackets did you use buddy? Part number etc? Do you have a close pic of how the brackets are fitted to your van please?

Two different types high and low brackets from fiamma ........... I bought mine from John cross. The photos make it look like it’s a big overlap and poor fit on rubber seal but it was me experimenting with different rubber packing thickness and the two different brackets , I didn’t want to sikaflex them to me van additionally I hadn’t pulled roof down properly and it was a brand new seal on roof.
I settled on 3mm jointing rubber but you may use sikaflex. I have seen some converters using rivnuts to additionally secure brackets perhaps someone on here will share a pic

96610850-99FC-4A28-88C2-8DFF112F5439.jpeg

ED769C4B-568D-4B8F-BCCE-2F70B247507A.jpeg

B5F95FB6-4F1F-410E-BAC7-3B54AF640E49.jpeg

19578857-CD0A-476A-A9CC-52014FFBFA55.jpeg

362ACE1D-285D-4E94-8CDB-BF310D3EE50E.jpeg

3705C7F1-D056-4C76-872F-A185851D4778.jpeg

Last edited:
Back