Fiamma awning fitted incorrectly??

SteveE

VIP Member
Hi all,

I had a Fiamma F45S fitted earlier in the week however when i look at the brackets there is no Sikaflex (or anything else) between the bracket and the bodywork. The instructions ask for sikaflex 252 so I assume this is a necessity and SHOULD be there?

IMG_3625.jpgIMG_3626.jpg

I would say they need something behind them. Eventually those brackets will wear through your paint work exposing bare metal.

Absolutely yes, they must be glued down with Silaflex or similar

just had a thought - have they put the glue inside but avoided the edges so it looks neat?
when mine was fitted the glue did ooze out at the sides and looked a bit messy so perhaps your people avoided this issue.

Last edited:
Something wrong there, methinks! Wind out your awning and get to the mounting screws; remove them; wind back in the awning; and, lift it off. Then you can have a look at what protection has been put between the van and the bracket. Oh, and you have an opportunity to spray the brackets black rather than see the raw aluminium on show!!!

Push something up the gap like a cocktail stick and see if you can feel anything soft and spongy if that makes sense or they may go straight in if nothing

Paying that much money I would expect brackets with a profile to match the van.
The paint will obviously get damaged and the bracket is strained as point loaded on the edges. Terrible design and / or fitting.

Viking Tapes sell 3M Bicycle tape in 1-4” widths that you can put on the bodywork before you glue the brackets down.

Thanks for the responses all. I spoke to the garage and they have added more Sikaflex in the gap... hopefully won’t move now.

Back