Fiamma 45S 260 fitting with a Skyline Aurora roof

Shanz

Hi All,

My T6 has a Skyline Aurora pop top.

Is it possible to fit a Fiamma 45S 260 to the existing roof mounting bolts/holes using the Fiamma 'drill less' bracket? Or will the aurora gas struts and hinges get in the way of the rear bolt/hole fixing?
I'm assuming I have to use the very front bolt/hole and the very rear bolt/hole?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi All,

My T6 has a Skyline Aurora pop top.

Is it possible to fit a Fiamma 45S 260 to the existing roof mounting bolts/holes using the Fiamma 'drill less' bracket? Or will the aurora gas struts and hinges get in the way of the rear bolt/hole fixing?
I'm assuming I have to use the very front bolt/hole and the very rear bolt/hole?

Cheers
Did you get an answer to this? Interested...

Hi, no I didn't get an answer.

I did however fit a Fiamma 45S 260 to my T6 SWB, using the Fiamma 'drill less' bracket. But beware - it was not an easy job!!

The Fiamma stainless steel bracket and aluminium awning mounting requires significant modification:

I had to cut away part of the Fiamma steel bracket with an angle grinder to be able to use the rear hole of the Aurora hinge fixing. NOTE: this is not the original VW T6 gutter rear hole and means that the awning will sit further back on the van.

This is actually better for me as I have a Fiamma privacy awning and it means that the sliding door doesn't hit the privacy room sides when the slider is fully open.

However, it does mean that the aluminium awning mounting needs to be cut back and new holes drilled for fixing to the Aurora rear hole. Also the existing rivnut holes for fixing the aluminium mounting to the awning can't be used. New holes need to be drilled to the aluminium mounting that fixes to the awning cassette - I used rivnuts for this with the same size thread as the supplied Fiamma nuts

As I said it is not an easy job, but worth it and the awning is fixed solid.

20210321_113911.jpg

20210321_113705.jpg

20210307_151959 (2).jpg

20210307_142706 (2).jpg

20210227_100044.jpg

20210228_121414 (2).jpg

Hi there
Quick question - does your F45S as fitted bring your overall height above the 1.9 metre clearance required for multi-storey car parks?
Many Thanks

Back