Feedback >> T6 In Autotrader

That's good to know Chris - I have dismissed a plethora of 5 seaters as a consequence of not thinking this was a credible approach. This would help me widen my search. Thanks again, Calum

I sold a Double bench seat and fixings for £120. There are lots around, however, I’ve read the air bag needs attention if going from single seat to double.

Perhaps someone can elaborate??

Ian

I sold a Double bench seat and fixings for £120. There are lots around, however, I’ve read the air bag needs attention if going from single seat to double.

Perhaps someone can elaborate??

Ian
Yes you are correct. If the van had a single seat from factory it will have a narrower air bag. So should be swapped. Depends on how much you like you passengers.

Does seem big money for a 2.5 year old van.
What is your wish list and budget. We have some lovely vans with the right spec coming off fleet in the next 2-3 months. All 1 year old.

If you swap the single chair for a double, there is definitely a difference in the size of the airbag. This is because it has to protect two occupants sitting across a greater width of the van.
If you swap the seat, my strong recommendation is that you do the airbag as well. Seen too many nasty outcomes on the roads, you wouldn’t want that on your conscience, nothing is more important than your nearest and dearest.

I hadn’t thought about the airbag requiring a change when changing the seat. :rolleyes: That makes my suggestion both more complex and costly!

Hi Guys.

like you said high spec for good price but it seems its never quite matches the exact spec that's required, which is a nightmare to match for the money so a compromise comes into it....

if anyone is interested just let me know....

Cheers,
Chris G.

I had a double seat I'd have given away about a year ago. Couldn't sell it, no interest! It was very straight forward to take it out, I'd imagine it'd be the same the other way round so don't be put off by a small detail like that.

You also can't change to a double front seat if it has the Comfort Dash.
I've had a bit of a shocker with that piece of advice! I didn't consider the safety implication of the airbag and I also didn't consider the clash/lack of space with the comfort dash centre console!

I've had a bit of a shocker with that piece of advice! I didn't consider the safety implication of the airbag and I also didn't consider the clash/lack of space with the comfort dash centre console!
It would work if you just had a child seat in the middle but mine has the comfort dash so the leg space would be very tight.
Its a shame as the comfort dash makes it a lot more car like inside.

Hello one and all,

Newbie here on the prowl for a new van.

Can anyone provide any guidance on whether this T6 Transporter van seems like a good value or not ? I'm into cycling & have 4 children. The 6 seats and a tow bar is therefore appealing....

Any additional feedback on how potential remaps and lowering springs affect warranty assurance ?

Auto Trader logo

Many thanks in advance
Calum
I'm putting this for sale....photos if interested
Just approaching 38k miles. FVWSH
A few extras but almost a base vehicle.
No add ons that effect the warranty.
Screenshot_20200106-173922_Chrome.jpg

Hello one and all,

Newbie here on the prowl for a new van.

Can anyone provide any guidance on whether this T6 Transporter van seems like a good value or not ? I'm into cycling & have 4 children. The 6 seats and a tow bar is therefore appealing....

Any additional feedback on how potential remaps and lowering springs affect warranty assurance ?

Auto Trader logo

Many thanks in advance
Calum

hi Calum

I about to put mine up for sale if you are still looking.
Vw Kombi highline 204 dsg Indian grey
28000 miles
6 seats
Led lights
full Vw service history
Sat nav
App connect
Heater washers
Air con front and back
Very clean

cheers let me know if you are still looking

thanks

Paul

To add in to your decision making, consider if you need a T32 or can get away with a T30 - The T30 Kombi is normal speed limits, the T32 Kombi is van limits and a class VII MOT...

To add in to your decision making, consider if you need a T32 or can get away with a T30 - The T30 Kombi is normal speed limits, the T32 Kombi is van limits and a class VII MOT...

Many thanks - that’s quite a major factor & one I had heard about but not fully understood. Good to know the distinction !

hi Calum

I about to put mine up for sale if you are still looking.
Vw Kombi highline 204 dsg Indian grey
28000 miles
6 seats
Led lights
full Vw service history
Sat nav
App connect
Heater washers
Air con front and back
Very clean

cheers let me know if you are still looking

thanks

Paul
Have PM,d you - cheers

The T32 KOMBI is a class 4 MOT, because it goes through as a “dual purpose vehicle” regardless of its maximum payload. I have had two MOT’s with my T32 Kombi, both at class 4. The T32 Panel Van goes through as a class 7.
The point about speed limits is correct though; 50/60/70.

The T32 KOMBI is a class 4 MOT, because it goes through as a “dual purpose vehicle” regardless of its maximum payload. I have had two MOT’s with my T32 Kombi, both at class 4. The T32 Panel Van goes through as a class 7.
The point about speed limits is correct though; 50/60/70.
Class 4 MOT doesn't mean that its the car speed limits though?

Back