Feedback >> T6 In Autotrader

Calsonic

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello one and all,

Newbie here on the prowl for a new van.

Can anyone provide any guidance on whether this T6 Transporter van seems like a good value or not ? I'm into cycling & have 4 children. The 6 seats and a tow bar is therefore appealing....

Any additional feedback on how potential remaps and lowering springs affect warranty assurance ?

Auto Trader logo

Many thanks in advance
Calum

Something isn’t working with that link (got it now)

Pete

Last edited:
Spec looks pretty good @Calsonic, but I think it is priced a bit high for a 17 plate.
Lowering springs shouldn’t really cause any issues with warranty. There is always a risk with a remap, however VW would need to prove that the warranty failure suffered is as a result of the remap. For example a paint imperfection is not going to be able to be turned down simply because you have a remap.

Having recently bought a t6, that seems quite expensive to me!? I wouldnt worry about finding one with a towbar ready fitted..it costs about £550 to have one fitted so an easy add on item when you have the van.

A quick search on Ebay shows similar for a lot less...its where I found mine and seemed to give a far bigger selection that autotrader offered

Nice van but seems very expensive to me. Can't see in the description what engine it has but looking at the badge it looks like a 102.

Thanks guys - given the spec. what would you expect to pay for this in your opinion ? Agree that tow bars are easy enough to fit (assuming the wiring looms etc are all sorted w.r.t parking sensors etc). I screen grabbed the attached last night. It doesn't take into account the likes of leather seats etc but it's a million miles away from what the seller is hoping to sell for.

IMG_2527.PNG

Thanks once again folks....

The van was registered Nov. 2017 - it had 150 bhp as standard but has been mapped to 190 bhp for better torque and fuel consumption.

I was thinking of offering £25K but by the sounds of it, that's still too high.

All feedback is very much appreciated so far. It's very hard to benchmark these prices on these modified ones

Albeit that eBay one is a trend line, so the model below the autotrader Highline.
But that should only account for a couple of grand tops.
£25k would be at the top end of what it is worth, but not too far off in my opinion.

I found mine on the VW used van search - there was a nearly new LWB kombi on there for a silly low price.

Also, look for prices described as Gross non vat qualifying. This is where the van has been brought privately and the vat not claimed back, so cannot be charged again.

Ian

Seems expensive to me, I think a lot of private sellers who are not vat registered increase the price to try and recoup some of the vat they paid when buying it hence a lot of high priced no vat vans for sale.
The VW commercial website has Caravelles for a similar price and are listed including vat.
Used Volkswagen Vans | Details - Volkswagen Caravelle Executive 2.0 TDi 150PS SWB EU6 BMT DSG *NAV PLUS *F & R SENSORS - Norwich : Volkswagen UK Robinsons Van Centre

Used Volkswagen Vans | Details - Volkswagen Caravelle Executive 2.0 TDi 150PS SWB EU6 BMT DSG *NAV PLUS *F & R SENSORS - Norwich : Volkswagen UK Robinsons Van Centre

Thanks once again folks....

The van was registered Nov. 2017 - it had 150 bhp as standard but has been mapped to 190 bhp for better torque and fuel consumption.

I was thinking of offering £25K but by the sounds of it, that's still too high.

All feedback is very much appreciated so far. It's very hard to benchmark these prices on these modified ones
That is still too expensive for that T6. Auto trader isn’t the best place to look for a transporter, you’re better off looking elsewhere.

that van is manual not DGS, no comfort dash, no electric doors etc. Those are all things I would expect on a van of that price.

I’m linking a member below who had a fantastic spec van for sale towards the end of last year. It’s a much, much better spec and much cheaper!

@ChrisG is yours still for sale?

Tremendous - many thanks indeed PW, KW & CR ..........

Given the chaps email header from some correspondence , I suspect this may have been owned via his private company. The VAT would have been circa £5-6K on a new van I suspect. I'll go and check out those links

If anyone spots a nice chariot at the circa £25K mark please holler !

Tremendous - many thanks indeed PW, KW & CR ..........

Given the chaps email header from some correspondence , I suspect this may have been owned via his private company. The VAT would have been circa £5-6K on a new van I suspect. I'll go and check out those links

If anyone spots a nice chariot at the circa £25K mark please holler !
This is the van I mentioned in my previous post. £22k plus VAT so £26k all in and a massive spec for the money.

For Sale - 2017 Dsg 204 Ps High Line Kombi

Looks like Chris G's van only has 5 seats. Ideally, I need 6 seats. My wife already has a 7 seater Volvo but rather frustratingly, would not be up for having a T6 as her daily driver :rolleyes::)

For Sale - 2017 Dsg 204 Ps High Line Kombi
Fair enough on the 6 seat thing, but to swap a front captain for a front double seat would be really easy and inexpensive.

Keep looking, you’ll find the right van with the right spec for the right money.

When you do, if you’re still unsure post it here for advice before you commit.

Back