Feedback >> Leighton LV-1 Alloys and their Durability ??

"Enough already !" as the Yanks say ....they look amazing Pedro !

@LeightonVans - any plans to do Matt Grey only alloys down the line ( like the Bronze ones ?). I fancy grey alloys but no so keen on the machine faced ones you have. They look outstanding but, like I said before with my OP, I'm tainted by worming issues from various German OEM's in the past. Thanks guys ...

"Enough already !" as the Yanks say ....they look amazing Pedro !

@LeightonVans - any plans to do Matt Grey only alloys down the line ( like the Bronze ones ?). I fancy grey alloys but no so keen on the machine faced ones you have. They look outstanding but, like I said before with my OP, I'm tainted by worming issues from various German OEM's in the past. Thanks guys ...

Now you mention it me and Mike @LeightonVans were talking about new colours earlier ;)

Great news Adam - what's the anticipated lead time ? And when does the discount end ? Cheers, Calum

Can anyone tell me who makes leighton Alloy wheels, and what are they like are they well made?? Paint dose not peel off after 12 -24months???

Can anyone tell me who makes leighton Alloy wheels, and what are they like are they well made?? Paint dose not peel off after 12 -24months???

I have had them on the van now since May and so far so good. The only immediate feedback I had on purchasing them (which I also gave to Leighton) was the paint finish could have done with another coat of black as in certain areas when the sun shone on them you can see the base coat underneath thorough the black. Leighton said they will take the feedback and speak to the painters. I got the gloss black LV-1’s, the topcoat gloss lacquer shows no signs of peeling of flaking so far. I wash them as follows: first use my Karcher pressure washer then I spray them with Dragons Blood, jet wash again, wash them with car shampoo and a wheel brush then jet wash to rinse then dry with a microfibre cloth. The biggest issue with washing is getting in all the holes and channels due to the intricate design. Have nothing bad to say about them really, would definitely recommend to others if you are thinking of getting these.

C63EB3FF-8D89-4680-BD64-7AE1E2E56593.jpeg

421918E2-9BC0-49B2-967C-6B93EFB15B8B.jpeg

I have them on mine. They are about 18 months old and I have the anthracite with machined face.
They have a couple of small marks on the edge of the polished face but I think that’s where the coating has been damaged. They seem really durable. I have done them with a ceramic polish and just jet wash them, with the occasional cloth clean.

I replaced the 275/40/20 fronts with 245/45/20 and it is a massive improvement.

The only ball ache is that the valves sit inside the wheel. So when you go to check the tyre pressures your whole hand and wrist ends up covered in shit………but they look good so who cares.F867B828-1BBF-49E3-A435-4CA73FE608E7.jpeg

I have had them on the van now since May and so far so good. The only immediate feedback I had on purchasing them (which I also gave to Leighton) was the paint finish could have done with another coat of black as in certain areas when the sun shone on them you can see the base coat underneath thorough the black. Leighton said they will take the feedback and speak to the painters. I got the gloss black LV-1’s, the topcoat gloss lacquer shows no signs of peeling of flaking so far. I wash them as follows: first use my Karcher pressure washer then I spray them with Dragons Blood, jet wash again, wash them with car shampoo and a wheel brush then jet wash to rinse then dry with a microfibre cloth. The biggest issue with washing is getting in all the holes and channels due to the intricate design. Have nothing bad to say about them really, would definitely recommend to others if you are thinking of getting these.

View attachment 140028

View attachment 140029

I have had them on the van now since May and so far so good. The only immediate feedback I had on purchasing them (which I also gave to Leighton) was the paint finish could have done with another coat of black as in certain areas when the sun shone on them you can see the base coat underneath thorough the black. Leighton said they will take the feedback and speak to the painters. I got the gloss black LV-1’s, the topcoat gloss lacquer shows no signs of peeling of flaking so far. I wash them as follows: first use my Karcher pressure washer then I spray them with Dragons Blood, jet wash again, wash them with car shampoo and a wheel brush then jet wash to rinse then dry with a microfibre cloth. The biggest issue

Thank you guy's for your help. The wheels look great, if I do get a set I think I will go for the LV2.
I love too know who make them for Leighton, as long they are not made in China, I try to buy British.

I have them on mine. They are about 18 months old and I have the anthracite with machined face.
They have a couple of small marks on the edge of the polished face but I think that’s where the coating has been damaged. They seem really durable. I have done them with a ceramic polish and just jet wash them, with the occasional cloth clean.

I replaced the 275/40/20 fronts with 245/45/20 and it is a massive improvement.

The only ball ache is that the valves sit inside the wheel. So when you go to check the tyre pressures your whole hand and wrist ends up covered in shit………but they look good so who cares.View attachment 140033
What difference did the tyres make?

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but seems an appropriate place to post. I recently just installed some gloss black LV-1 wheels on my van. They really do look amazing!

What tyre pressures do you guys run? I’m currently on 275/40/20 all round

Back