Feedback >> Leighton LV-1 Alloys and their Durability ??

Calsonic

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys,

Contemplating some new 20" wheels for my T6 4Motion. Really like the looks of these ...

( I'm guessing going staggered is a bad idea on a 4motion though ?)

Leighton Video
49729554113_57d10af509.jpg
49730414442_965dea4b3c.jpg
Can anyone comment on the durability of the finish over the course of say 9-12 months ? I have a sneaking suspicion that the matt finish will last longer than the gloss.
The machine finish looks most vulnerable. ( I have owned a Golf GTi / BMW M135i in the past and the whole laser / diamond cut finish was a major nuisance.
Despite looking after them they all suffered worming from small chips etc.) Hoping these LV-1 alloys don't suffer the same fate with regards to the finish.

I have to say that Leighton look like a very organised and professional outfit at this juncture.

Impressed with their social media game ! The marketing is exceptional. That young guy Adam is very comfortable in front of the camera. Kudos to his efforts

Thanks,
Cal

I don't think these wheels have been out on the market that long. I'm sure they were only released earlier this year.

I bought one of their T6 ABTs and it is awesome, love it but still wince at the price I paid, mind you, either I drive that or give it to the tax man so was no contest

Ah ok - I did not realise that. I wonder who manufacturers them on Leightons behalf ?

Life is too short - enjoy the ABT in these testing times ! The van of dreams

What size tyres did they fit and what width wheels, are they staggered ?

Ah ok - I did not realise that. I wonder who manufacturers them on Leightons behalf ?

Life is too short - enjoy the ABT in these testing times ! The van of dreams
Hey up
We manufacture the wheels ourselves, they are high end wheels we have had them in-stock for nearly 12 months now with no warranty issues at all

Hi guys,

Contemplating some new 20" wheels for my T6 4Motion. Really like the looks of these ...

Leighton Video
View attachment 67794
View attachment 67795
Can anyone comment on the durability of the finish over the course of say 9-12 months ? I have a sneaking suspicion that the matt finish will last longer than the gloss.
The machine finish looks most vulnerable. ( I have owned a Golf GTi / BMW M135i in the past and the whole laser / diamond cut finish was a major nuisance.
Despite looking after them they all suffered worming from small chips etc.) Hoping these LV-1 alloys don't suffer the same fate with regards to the finish.

I have to say that Leighton look like a very organised and professional outfit at this juncture.

Impressed with their social media game ! The marketing is exceptional. That young guy Adam is very comfortable in front of the camera. Kudos to his efforts

Thanks,
Cal

Hi Cal

Thanks for your comments we try hard I think the duck on water saying comes to mind

If you need anything give us a call ask for either myself Mike Leighton or Adam

Mike

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Cal

Hi, I have a LV T6 4 motion with Axe staggered wheels that has done 26000 miles and no issues.
Tyre size is crucial to 4x4 not width as far as I know. I had issues with front tyre width after installing Koni adjustables
I now run 245.45.20 on the front and 275.40.20 on the rear, which is a perfect radius match and can be checked with various tyre size sites online.
Makes a massive difference with lighter steering, turning circle and absolutely no rubbing. No tyre overhang on the front now either and the half second vague roll in the corners when the front tyre is moving on the rim is now gone.
Hopefully you can see the overhang of the tyre in picture 2

245.45.20 front
20200308-155031.jpg

275.40.20 front
20190405-202649-resized.jpg

Back