Sold Leighton LV-1 20” Gloss Black Alloys (T32 rated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlayneKinley

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
For sale is my set of Leighton Vans LV-1 20” alloys in colour gloss black. Looking for £875 and collection only. I am based in Southampton and i’ll happily travel 20/30 miles to meet but will have to await delivery of my new wheels to swap them over.

The alloys themselves are in good condition. 3 alloys are excellent condition where as 1 of them has some very minor marks. I have posted the photos in order where the last photos detail the marks on one of the rear alloys. The marks were there from the previous owner that I bought the alloys from. I bought the alloys from another member on this forum previously. Apologies the alloys are dirty in the photos, I haven’t had time to clean the van recently.

The tyres themselves are in excellent condition throughout with around 6-7mm of tread remaining on all tyres. All 4 are matching Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 with the tyre size for all 4 at 275/40/20 106Y so these are fully load rated for a T32.

The alloys are staggered fitment where the front 2 are 8.5J and the rear 2 are 10J. The alloys are rated up to 860kg so fully rated for a T32.

These alloys have been fitted to my van for around 4 months but the reason for the sale is I’ve had a change of heart on exterior styling and I am purchasing a set of Leightons LV-2 alloys in gunmetal and polished face.

VW centre caps will be included with the sale but unfortunately I don’t have the Leighton centre caps that came with the alloys. I sent these on to another member on here that required a set.

A set of black wheel bolts including 4 locking wheel bolts will also be supplied with the sale.

Any questions or more pictures required just drop me a message and I’ll be happy to answer any queries.

B41D111E-5FC7-43A7-AE41-60633B7BE462.jpeg
DDAB2F6A-5979-4018-928B-A0D33C610B71.jpeg
7FFB9FD0-4525-432E-8820-D7400E61F929.jpeg
761F0FD7-516F-4ED0-9B96-94E1B79CF0F6.jpeg
B35B1914-A944-420E-8B5F-AE3ECAAA2472.jpeg
A0935A72-E46F-4DAC-88C1-38DCC65705E0.jpeg
0E8A5BF1-EA52-4B2E-8C99-2B85D2C763E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Would possibly have been interested but unfortunately I’m up in Leeds . After re reading the add your Southampton

Hi @Telster36 - I did go out on a day trip to Rotherham to collect these from a forum member but it was a day I managed to combine with other things I needed to do further north. If purchasing is something you’d consider I can look into postage options as I can obtain pallets and banding from work but no idea what the rough cost would be. I believe I may be working in Coventry at the end of this month but all these options are of course only visible if you’re interested

Hi There - 3 questions:

- Do you have any probs with the sliding side door catching the rear rim? I've got this prob with existing set but their offset is 35....
- No rub from the front set on a tight turn?
- Will standard VW wheelbolts fit?

I'm in Coventry so could be a good match...!

Hi There - 3 questions:

- Do you have any probs with the sliding side door catching the rear rim? I've got this prob with existing set but their offset is 35....
- No rub from the front set on a tight turn?
- Will standard VW wheelbolts fit?

I'm in Coventry so could be a good match...!
Hi @Napster

Sliding door is no issue, I was cautious of this when I first installed as I didn’t want to smear dirt over my carpeted panels. I don’t have the van currently as it’s in having some paint work but when I get it back later in the week I can show you the clearance with a photo.

My van is lowered -40mm all round, I don’t experience any rubbing on full lock. But… Bognor motors fitted my alloys when they installed my coilovers. I’m unsure if they would have modified the arch liner. I have read on here that a heat gun and some gentle persuasion on the plastic inner arch liner and you can gain some clearance. I cannot confirm if that’s the case on my van though. But in answer to your question I don’t experience any rubbing.

I’m not 100% sure on this answer. I can remove a wheel bolt later in the week on my vans return and give you measurements. At a guess I would say they are standard length but I cannot confirm currently. I believe a standard wheel bolt is 37mm from memory but I’ll do some research and measure one of mine later in the week.

I’ll also aim to give the van a clean at some point this week and can send some better photos of the wheels clean.

LV supplies a fitting kit including bolts with the wheels.
This is probably, like most aftermarket wheels they have a conical bolt rather than the OEM VW bolt style so OEM bolts are not suitable.

Hi @Napster

Sliding door is no issue, I was cautious of this when I first installed as I didn’t want to smear dirt over my carpeted panels. I don’t have the van currently as it’s in having some paint work but when I get it back later in the week I can show you the clearance with a photo.

My van is lowered -40mm all round, I don’t experience any rubbing on full lock. But… Bognor motors fitted my alloys when they installed my coilovers. I’m unsure if they would have modified the arch liner. I have read on here that a heat gun and some gentle persuasion on the plastic inner arch liner and you can gain some clearance. I cannot confirm if that’s the case on my van though. But in answer to your question I don’t experience any rubbing.

I’m not 100% sure on this answer. I can remove a wheel bolt later in the week on my vans return and give you measurements. At a guess I would say they are standard length but I cannot confirm currently. I believe a standard wheel bolt is 37mm from memory but I’ll do some research and measure one of mine later in the week.

I’ll also aim to give the van a clean at some point this week and can send some better photos of the wheels clean.
pics would be great - thanks :)

LV supplies a fitting kit including bolts with the wheels.
This is probably, like most aftermarket wheels they have a conical bolt rather than the OEM VW bolt style so OEM bolts are not suitable.
Correct. Plus standard wheel bolts are 19mm head and the LV 17mm. You won’t get a socket in the hole in the wheel with the large VW bolts.

EDIT: A set of black wheel bolts including 4 locking wheel bolts will also be supplied with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back