Fault codes 00075 and 00079 with ABS and skid light.

Jelzyboy

See the attached Carista codes they reset but come on again. Any wisdom would be very appreciated thanks Simon .

Screenshot_20220418-233121_Carista.jpg

Most common cause of ABS and Skid lights coming on seems to be one of the wheel speed sensors going faulty.
Without looking at sensor data (can Carista give you a view of the raw wheel speed data?) to see which sensor is failing, your cheapest option would be to buy one left and one right side sensor and change one sensor at a time and check to see if that cures the fault. (If changing the sensor doesn’t fix it, put the original back and move on to the next one with the new sensor used to test there. The sensors are handed so you’ll need a left and a right version)
Visiting a garage looks to cost around £150 for a repair, while sensors can be bought for £15 to £45 each and they are an easy fix if you have the tools and inclination to change them.

You don't give a year or model for your van but my 2017 150 CXHA uses part number s WHT003856 for right side and WHT003857 for left side sensors.

Thanks for your reply, I kind of know this but the description to the codes talks about interior lighting and plug sockets ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, which I find bizarre if it is a sensor. I am a helicopter engineer by trade and I thought their fault codes were confusing .

Just googled apparently the Carista does give speed data for each wheel so will try that cheers for pointing me down that road .

Indeed, Carista seems to pad retrieved codes with leading zeros, thus better interpretation for ABS would be:
0075 - Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor - Mechanical Failure​
0079 - Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor - Signal Implausible​

Back