OBD code P20EE

graffo

I Have this (cheap) OBD11

OBD 11.jpg

The engine light is on and the code is P20EE which I assume is NOX sensor fault.
I have had this at least once a year and it has reset after driving around for a few trips.
This happened on a long drive in France but disappeared again after a couple of days.
Then it happened again on the long drive home but is still there after two weeks (not driven every day).
The OBD has the ability to delete the code, delete sounds a bit final and this is what it says in the manual.

Is deleting using this unadvisable? surely it just needs a 'reset' and is there a better OBD that allows this? or should I just wait it out and see if it resets?

OBD 11 erase.jpg

Thanks in advance
Graffo

You only need the code remaining if you're planning on taking it to get repaired otherwise I'd delete it because if there is another fault (unrelated and potentionally more serious) you wont know it's happened because the engine light is already on.

Alternatively, is there anyone in the Southampton, Romsey area that has different OBD that can double check and/or reset the code for me.

Trying getting a Carista if you can’t reset.
Hi
I could possibly reset or erase as it says in the book (see below) I'm just a bit concerned about the other warnings it mentions, not up on this stuff ?
1695642940540.png

Well, for what it's worth I had exactly the same issue /code ( whilst in France as well). My remarkably similar OBD reader cleared the fault and the light went off - the van did not transmogrify into anything else/burst into flames/stop working and some 1500km later the light has remained off.

Back