Fault Code 9480753 - Heater And Air Conditioning

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
Hello all,

I have had this fault reappear after reset with carista. i havent found any info on it except that it appears after use of the air con system. The front AC works fine but i have yet to try the rear system and listen for any changes.

Would anyone have a bit more info on the fault code ?

9480753 - Control/Display Unit for Rear Climatronic - No Signal

Everything is working in the back but the fault is logged each time the AC is used. As its all working it will be one to Ignore.

I get this code because the rear AC control module is faulty (I unplugged it and died upon being plugged back in).
Anyone has a wiring diagram available so I can attempt to fix it? It simply doesn't power on. I get multiple signals over the wiring loom (most under 1V), none too high (expecting ~12V).
I suspected the fuses but all the fuses in the central spot are OK (checked all, one by one).
So another question - Does this special controller have a dedicated hidden fuse somewhere?

So... this is once again revived in the heat of the summer. Took it to a couple of VW services (not brand service) and found no way to fix it
They tried few more AC controllers they had in stock - none worked. The error doesn't change whether the module is plugged in or not.

So they said it is probably a fault in the wiring loom (somewhere). And that's way to expensive to replace. How would I troubleshoot that without removing the whole electrical system?

Also, what was not tested: is there another controller on the rear hvac unit? like any electronics board that might be fried? My hvac is hidden under the bed and difficult to access/inspect.

Hi guys, I have a similar.problem.with the above fault code, however my issue is that the rear control module isn't receiving power (possible snagged wire??, however because of this issue my front Aircon isn't working either, it's gassed with no leaks, but I think this fault code may be stopping it from working, any assistance would be great, cheers.

Back