Fan Blower Problem, Sort Of.

the sultan

Hi, my transporter has an issue with the blower direction. The last few days when I have the system on LOW temp and direction to face it comes and goes. What I mean is the blower is working but it'll not blow anywhere then you can hear what I think are flaps? opening/closing and after a few minutes its ok. It will still lose direction intermittently but only for a few seconds. I suspect a motor or position sensor as it always eventually gets to where I want it. Any ideas on here?
Thanks,
Martin

I think you will need to get the van plugged in to read any fault codes.

If you had VCDS you can do the default relearn procedure for the HVAC direction motors to highlight any issues.

If you had no access to VCDS could could try a HVAC reset by disconnecting the battery for 5mins. .... though this may achieve nothing.

Hi, mine had similar fault today, the fan speeds/heat were fine but direction of blow seemed only to come from side
vents and lower, either when on A.C. or not. First time this has happened and typical just out of warranty:(
Any ideas would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Russ.

The van will automatically switch to recirculation mode under certain circumstances like using the screen washers and going into reverse. There is an air quality sensor that can do this automatically if it senses poor air quality?

Thanks for that Loz,
maybe an air quality problem here in Stoke:D. I did read on the T5 forum something about the directional control knob
having a bent cable that actuates the air flow needs to be straightened out, not sure if they're the same?

That’s a T5 mechanical issue T6s are operated by wires and flaps

HVAC flaps can be reset with VCDS. (Basic settings)

Hard reset can be done by disconnecting battery and capacitive discharge.

Apart from that you have have an issue with the blend doors, flaps, motors...... sticky door, obstruction, motor fault, supply fuse.

Took the van in for some cosmetic work and told the mechanic about the heater issue. Picked it up this afternoon and he had taken
the heater console off and checked everything, everything seems to be working fine now so weird, maybe something was stuck or
something and his attempt released it:cautious: any way it works and he hadn't disconnected the battery. I'll see how it goes and many thanks for
the input to help out, always appreciated.
Cheers!

Back