Fan-atical

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Is it just my T6 or is this common? sometimes my engines cooling fan seems to go crazy! Like today i had made a short trip maybe 4 miles and when i switched off the fan was roaring away but the engine temp was quite normal and plus the air was very cold outside today so not like it was a hot summer day? but the fan was roaring like a jet engine for several mins after i turned the engine off?

Google ‘regen’ lol

Its fine, its just cleaning itself and using up some of your petrol ha

As above, its not uncommon, mine seemed to do it more when it was new, settled down after a few thousand miles

If you have a 204 (you didn't say) then there was a software improvement upgrade that I had that improved this considerably

It's been doing a regen and the fans blow air into the engine bay and under the van to stop the dpf from heating the van up to much.
Mine used to do about 2 active regens per tank with regen cycles lasting about 15 miles and continue if I stop start the van over night.
Now it's doing about 3 per tank. I hate it. Throttle goes lumpy on active rege n and the retarded timing it induces makes the turbo feel slow to react.

Hi, no mines a 150bhp Highline T32 if that makes any difference?
Spooky, I was going to ask the same question myself.

I too have a 150bhp Highline T32 and my fan goes mental! Even in cool conditions and on journeys that doesn't have much in the way of holdups.

Mine is the 204 with 4500 miles, and the fan is blasting away pretty much every day when I come to a stop.

Mine no longer does it at all??? It’s been at least 2 months by now.

I've not had any recalls. I wonder if its worth popping into my dealer. The van is only 6 weeks old.
It might have made it into production, so unless your passing, just ring them and they’ll look it up whilst you are on the phone.

Back