Factory Tow Bar missing ball and hitch swan-neck

GLC1980

Hi, just purchased a T6 which was fitted with the all the tow bar parts apart from the ball and hitch swan neck attachment, does anyone have a link or a part number i would need for this? Im assuming they are all westfalia when they get fitted at factory as these are the only ones i can find with a google search?
thanks in advance for any help/ibfo

Hi

I’m guessing you’ve probably checked, but when I bought the caravelle I asked the salesman about this. There appeared to be all the tow bar stuff minus the tow ball at the back below the bumper. It is stashed away in the side panelling on the left side in the back alongside the jack. Not sure which type of T6 you’ve gone for.

Hope that might help

Hi, thanks for the reply, it is the Kombi and the tow bar is attached to the wheel arch, I was kind of hoping that it would be stashed away somewhere but it has been insulated and carpeted so unsure where all the cubby holes are, I will have a good look then before ordering anything.

I have a westfalia tow bar for sale, swan neck with crash protection extensions on either side and (I think) the polystyrene filler on top.
£180.
Located in the North East

Thanks but I have the tow bar and electrics already fitted, it’s just the detachable swan neck I seem to be missing

Ill be finding mine in the Shuttle today. The user manual says the removable ball coupling is in luggage compartment over the rear left wheel possible under a cover

It also says the under the fitting the towball section:

The removable towing bracket ball coupling can be found in the stowage compartment behind the front right seat

Confused??? I am the same thing seemingly in 2 different places.

The above applies to Kombi Caravelle and Panel Van Models

That should have read the jack was attached to wheel arch and not the tow bar
Hi I thought that’s what you meant. My tow bar is crammed in next to the jack in that position , just to the left of it nearer the outside skin in a polystyrene type of holder.

Thanks but I have the tow bar and electrics already fitted, it’s just the detachable swan neck I seem to be missing
I have a Westfalia tow bar detachable swan neck available that came off my T6 before I sold it, complete with 2 keys, the blanking plastic bit for when the bar is removed and the plastic cover for the tow ball.

Last edited:
If your towbar Swan Neck is missing, please do not assume that anything which fits will be OK. It may not ...

I had one of these on a car and when there were problems with it found that the detachable section is sized according to the vehicle so that the towball is at the correct height.

There was another recent post of someone looking for one - I posted pictures of mine & part numbers

Back