Factory Ambient/footwell Lighting

Adams

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
so, onto the next mod and I need you help again please gents

Who’s got the factory ambient lighting (door cards, footwell)

I want to install them in the same way they are from factory, which gives the footwell lights an independent feed, so I theory controllable rather than just connected to the interior light circuit

Thanks

@Pauly will be able to hook you up with some great LED OEM replacement footwell lights with loom and connection diagram, from the forum shop.

Door card lights are slightly more involved.

There are also 3 colour footwell lights available from elsewhere (Red.blue.white, switchable) but are nowhere as bright as Paulys ones.

Thanks for the replies, I already have some footwell lights (bi-colour, red when lights on and white when door open) and the red OEM LED’s for the doors.

I want to wire them in as factory (as per vehicles with factory ambient light) so the footwell lights are independent.

Just need some info from the ones that have them (caravelle’s I think)

I have wired my footwell to the ambient circuit so they are on with the headlights and dimmable with the dial below the steering wheel. It is done by tapping into the ambient circuit (grey and blue wire if memory serves me right) which runs around the van. Can be picked up from the heater controls or I found one near the passenger door that was easy and an earth. @Pauly provided me with all the wires, sure he can advise and put something together if you pm him.

@Adams knows exactly what he’s doing, he’s trying to replicate a factory ambient install which works a bit differently to the standard retrofit method

Thanks for the replies, I already have some footwell lights (bi-colour, red when lights on and white when door open) and the red OEM LED’s for the doors.

I want to wire them in as factory (as per vehicles with factory ambient light) so the footwell lights are independent.

Just need some info from the ones that have them (caravelle’s I think)

Oh interesting. Thats how I would like the footwell lights to work. You going to do a how to post? :thumbsup:

It's simple to do. Instead of picking up a feed for the lights from the courtesy light circuit pick it up from the instrument light circuit grey/blue +ve from any switch in the van or behind the dimmer unit.

Edit: Exactly what @Sjacko20 said above :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guys, as it it from factory it’s wired differently than just tapping into the ambient lighting circuit. The foot well lights are on there own and some of the pins on the BCM change function to ones which came without. I’m guessing it’s so the foot well lights can run independently to the light being on or not..

Back