Extra Window in Conversion

Gareth Edmondson

T6 Pro
Good afternoon all,

Next week the T6 goes in for a camper conversion. My wife and I are really excited. NC500 in planning for Easter.

However - quick question. Those with conversions (SWB), the passenger rear seats/bed are further back than where they are in the Kombi. Have your passengers/kids moaned that they cannot see out at all when travelling? We are considering fitting a second window in the rear panel and then the fake version on the other side.

What have you all done? If anything. If you haven't bothered - please tell me why.

Thanks everyone,

Gareth

We haven't worried about windows in the back yet - kids haven't said anything so far. If anything I think they like having the "den" feeling so people can't see in.

They do however push the curtains on the windows (in the sliding door and opposite) to the front of the window so they can see out more easily.

We chose not to have the windows in the back largely as we then use behind the bench seat as a toilet space when the bed is up in the seat position.

There’s another thread on the Forum with exactly the same topic, was being discussed no more than a couple of weeks ago.

Hi.

When thinking about our SWB conversion we went for a sliding seat/bed.

When the kids are in the van we can slide the seat to be in line with the windows.

If it’s just 2 or 3 of us with bikes the seat can go all the way forward to give more space in the back.

If we want more family room for table etc the seat slides all the way back. With the front passenger seat on a swivel we can chill/eat etc.

A1D48A6D-AE58-49F4-90E2-5E5899CAF1A2.jpeg
E42B0FAD-F408-41FF-AE2D-E15ECB962D5F.jpeg

Back