Exhaust fault light

That is an emmissions system warning light, T6 will flash the coil light if its engine related.
could be a sensor or egr.
RAC mech just phoned, said it might be the fuel? Cheap diesel waxing in the cold weather? Sounds like this isn’t the first time hes come across the problem!

That’s normal. The original poster has a problem as the light stays on.

Pete

Thanks Pete, reassures me - think I worried myself as suddenly though it's an Amber light and have I forever been ignoring a fault. Just connected Carrista and it's returned no errors as well.

Thanks, Phil.

RAC mech just phoned, said it might be the fuel? Cheap diesel waxing in the cold weather? Sounds like this isn’t the first time hes come across the problem!
EN590 winter spec‘ clouds at minus 5 degC.

If it is the diesel it won’t be the fact that it’s cheap, supermarkets are the cheapest and they have extremely high turnover so are very unlikely to still have summer spec diesel, you‘re more likely to come across that problem at low turnover/very high priced remote location garages that take a long time to get through their supply. Saying that, it’s February surely every filling station would have used up their summer spec fuel ages ago.

Mine just came on too - I figured it's due to the weather and the fact it's hardly been used since Christmas. In for a service next Friday, so hopefully nothing expensive!

Just a quick update
RAC came out and there we’re lots of faults on the system but all low key faults that can be put down as very minor according to the RAC mech and they may have been there for quite a time, he cleared them all and said just drive the van and see what comes back. I have heard that if there are too many historical faults left uncleared it can bring on the light when it reaches a maximum number??
I didn’t use the van today as I need to get to work so took the car but will drive the van Friday and see what happens!
I will let you know what happens
I have added the fault codes below.

E7AF5121-2597-4AFE-A6C6-83111B621EEB.png

Can I ask, I have just ordered the Carista, mainly for making personal changes, I have a Ghost fitted, will this bne an issue.

Cheers

I'll join the party too, mine lit up this morning :rolleyes: 50 miles later the Adblue 650 mile warning come up too! later in the day the Adblue went out, but the other light is still on, it's going in for a service tomorrow anyway, so i'll update the outcome then.

Maybe because everyone has been at home and not travelling there is a surplus of summer diesel. Someone in the thread said that there are different additives in the diesel in winter. Just a guess, I have now filled up with super diesel to see how it goes.

Maybe because everyone has been at home and not travelling there is a surplus of summer diesel. Someone in the thread said that there are different additives in the diesel in winter. Just a guess, I have now filled up with super diesel to see how it goes.
Ps
Just ordered a Carista

Mine does a lot of miles week to week, so i'd rule out the summer diesel theory, BUT!.............

My light went out today on it's own, just as the Adblue did yesterday.

There could be some theory in the quality of diesel.

I filled up on Thursday evening at a local extremely busy shell garage, 6 miles later and Friday morning the light come on, was a busy day yesterday and this morning, so i filled up again this morning after covering 370 miles and the light went out! Could be coincidence, who knows! The vans being serviced at VW as we speak, so i'll see what they have to say when i collect at Lunch :)

Dealer just called, in his words "We've installed an Adblue software update that's just been released from VW"

Sure someone on here will know if that's correct or not (the just released bit)

I have been using the van with the super diesel in and appears ok so far, the ebespatcher heater was playing up when I stayed in the van the other night when on normal diesel but apart from making a small noise when been running for a few minutes appears ok now?
All pointing towards diesel??

I had my software re-chipped the other day by a reputable tuner after vw reset it to standard after a total EGR system replacement when that had failed completely... shortly after I had the coil/glow plug emblem flashing when the engine was cold that immediately reset when I stop/started the bus. This time though the exhaust fault light came on and has stayed on. What I had forgotten was that I also brimmed it with Esso Super Diesel immediately after the tune... It's going like a train and is back to the tuners tomorrow to read off the faults... but having read this thread I'm now wondering about the Diesel...?

Back