Euro 6 remap

Still waiting for pendle to release the maps to its agents. At the moment it can only be done in Barnoldwick. Too far.

From my experience Martin corrected a failed map from another company. I tend to go with companies I trust.
Customvanz figures tend to be higher but 10-20 hp. I doubt they make that power.

From my experience Martin corrected a failed map from another company. I tend to go with companies I trust.
Customvanz figures tend to be higher but 10-20 hp. I doubt they make that power.

Good to have someone to trust working on your bus , i understand that one

Are Pendle re-maps 'approved' by VW? OR anyone know if VW approve any re-mapping company's? I seem to remember Blue-fin having some kind of approval by VW but I may be mistaken.

Vw won't approve any remap. However done companies now offer a warranty on their maps and key engine components. Pendle do one.

Abt offer one and Vw will allow warrenty work on it however it's close to £1000.

I wonder why VW won't approve a remap?

Maybe the extra strain on the drivetrain, extra wear on the gearbox, etc.

Just leave it - they are perfectly decent as they are. For diesels.

Nonsense. Vw won't approve remaps because they make money off having 4 different power outputs 2 of which are identical apart from the map.
I'd much rather have an ecu map custom specific to my engine rather than a generic oem map out of the factory.

What are the mechanical difference between the 150 and 205 hk diesel? I reckon the 205 has a larger turbo (Bi)?

204 has two turbos. The rest have one.
I also suspect it has a larger chargecooler and toughened internals.

And the VITAL bit; bigger brakes.

But silly me should have remapped the hell out of an 85PS...

What does a remap have to do with how a vehicle is looked after / maintained?
Apart from voiding your warranty, wearing drivetrain parts out faster than they should be so the next owner wonders why his gearboxes blows up, apart from overwhelming a chassis designed to match the vans factory power outputs, especially the brakes, nothing at all....:whistle:

204 has two turbos. The rest have one.
I also suspect it has a larger chargecooler and toughened internals.

And the VITAL bit; bigger brakes.

But silly me should have remapped the hell out of an 85PS...
The brakes are not specific to the 204ps. Mine is a 150ps and has the bigger brakes which according to the dealer is because its a T32

Big brakes don't mean quicker stopping. It means more efficient thermal maintenance and higher loads. YouTube......engineering explained channel.

Back