Epever tracer an problem

thecuz84

Hi everyone. I had a problem with my epever tracer an 10415. I followed the installation instruction very carefully I plugged the charger in my van to my lifepo4 battery and PV and turned it on. Everything was fine till I unplugged my RS 485 to connect the charger to my laptop to change the battery settings.
I heard a "stack" noise and the charger turned off and I wasn't able to turn it back on...

did everyone have the same issue?

As I understand it, the Epever Tracer is a solar charge controller ? I don’t think this is a very common controller in the UK, so there may not be many users of this device here.

Is the device working if you disconnect it completely and try again ?

Pete

I've got a Epever, but don't use it.. it come with a lensun kit.

Meter out the PV voltage and the battery voltage.

Post some pics of the status lights and readout.

Epever is popular on eBay etc.

My one...

LED status and com port for Bluetooth dongle programming etc.(I don't have that bit)

Mines set for SLA AGM mode......

20210813_215501.jpg20210813_215440.jpg20210813_215424.jpg20210813_215412.jpg

Connection sequence.

Battery.
Loads.
PV panel.

Same as all solar controllers.

As I understand it, the Epever Tracer is a solar charge controller ? I don’t think this is a very common controller in the UK, so there may not be many users of this device here.

Is the device working if you disconnect it completely and try again ?

Pete

I've disconnected the breaker of the PV and the fuse of the batery... and tried again but I didn't unplug all the cables...

I've got a Epever, but don't use it.. it come with a lensun kit.

Meter out the PV voltage and the battery voltage.

Post some pics of the status lights and readout.

Epever is popular on eBay etc.

My PV voltage is 36V and my lifePo4 voltage is 13.5...Voltages are correct... my MPPT is off so I have no readings from leds or display.
My MPPT is this one:

My one...

LED status and com port for Bluetooth dongle programming etc.(I don't have that bit)

Mines set for SLA AGM mode......

View attachment 127073View attachment 127074View attachment 127075View attachment 127076

My MPPT comes set for Sealed acid batteries... that's why I need to change settings for LiFePo4 using the Solar station software from epever.

Connection sequence.

Battery.
Loads.
PV panel.

Same as all solar controllers.

I connected my PV and my battery pack to their breakers and I first turned the Battery breaker on and then the PV breaker. At the beginning the mppt was working but was telling me that the battery pack voltage was low. (this is normal because the mppt battery setting was for SEALED batteries). At this point, I unplugged the RS 485 cable to switch to my RS485 to USB cable to connect my Laptop and I heard the "stack" noise I was talking.

I have a big 250A breaker for all my loads that I never turned on.

Anyways I'll make some pics today and post them...

Ok... Post some pics..

It seems that maybe the solar MPPT has failed?

Dead?... Damaged internally?

If so I would recommend to swap out for a Victron MPPT 75/15 or 100/20 or 100/30

Guys... I don't know why but everything is fine now... I lived everything off for the night and yesterday mourning I just turned back on the PV and the mppt started working... I changed my batteries value from the laptop and ow everything works as it should.
Thanks a lot!!! to everybody...

Back