Engine management light on AGAIN.......

Insufficient gas flow. P0401
Interested in freeze frame data - actually would appreciate full engine section scan please. ECU updated?. Even better would be also the earlier freeze frame snapshots.
whats your average engine run time per day/week?

and rough millage per day/week?
Typical week:
30 minutes in the morning and the same in the afternoon (19 + 19 miles). Max speed 55 mph. 5 days a week.
Each 19 mile journey consists of 6 miles in 35 mph + 13 miles in 50-55 mph.
In between 2-4 short (3 miles) city journeys. Total approx. 200 miles/week.
No more than once a month 250 miles a weekend journey. Regular fuel, no additives.
No problems - so far - but only 30000 miles total accumulated.

Interested in freeze frame data - actually would appreciate full engine section scan please. ECU updated?. Even better would be also the earlier freeze frame snapshots.

Typical week:
30 minutes in the morning and the same in the afternoon (19 + 19 miles). Max speed 55 mph. 5 days a week.
Each 19 mile journey consists of 6 miles in 35 mph + 13 miles in 50-55 mph.
In between 2-4 short (3 miles) city journeys. Total approx. 200 miles/week.
No more than once a month 250 miles a weekend journey. Regular fuel, no additives.
No problems - so far - but only 30000 miles total accumulated.

@Deaky how does this compare with your daily/weekly travels?

whats your average engine run time per day/week?

and rough millage per day/week?

it seems like the differences between van must be millage and time the engines runnng.

as an example @Dellmassive and @Tourershine use the van daily for work with either high millage (@Tourershine) per day or long duration (@Dellmassive) per day....?

maybe that has an effect on the EGR regards to clogging?

Fuel type may be a consideration, but that doesn't explain why I have had no issues and i only use the cheapest fuel possible and never use any additives.?
some days are 400 miles plus, some are just 4 miles of start-stop. I do not hang around either, all the rev range is used and usually sit at 85mph on mway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today the light has gone. I've done nothing to the van, VW couldn't get me in till the end of November so I've just been driving it as normal. I thought engine faults had to be cleared?

So the damn light has come on again. Looks like the van is due it's bi annual EGR clean :mad: Only difference is this time, I have to pay for it :mad::mad::mad: I think the EGR has to go :thumbsdown:

So the damn light has come on again. Looks like the van is due it's bi annual EGR clean :mad: Only difference is this time, I have to pay for it :mad::mad::mad: I think the EGR has to go :thumbsdown:
I have had mine 3 months, just done 3k and had exhaust light on 4 times. VW Assist out each time. Currently sat in dealer for 3 weeks waiting for replacement DPF. Is this common? Bit of a worry.

Due to tier 3 it's restricted. 6 m A6, 20 m M6 then 30 on A&B roads. Only leisure but had C+E for 45 years so not slow. New DPF now fitted. VW claim down to running on low fuel. Never been under1/2.!

Due to tier 3 it's restricted. 6 m A6, 20 m M6 then 30 on A&B roads. Only leisure but had C+E for 45 years so not slow. New DPF now fitted. VW claim down to running on low fuel. Never been under1/2.!
I appreciate it won’t carry out a regen if it’s very low on fuel, but what good is a van if it can never run low on fuel. :rolleyes:

Mine does seem to still regen when low on fuel - since the software update was done

FWIW

You need more than 1/4 tank apparently.....

I always fill up. Empty tank to full tank ..

And always notice a full regen at 1/3 and 2/3 tank marks.

Yip , always get regen at 1/3 and 2/3 too .
Just since the update noticed it will also regen if running low on fuel - will check next time but think it was in the red.
Not sure if it should and usually try to avoid running with it low on fuel.

How much do they charge for the flush/clean? I've just hit 34,000 and engine management light on. Carista confirms EGR fault as suspected. Into the dealer tomorrow.

The eml light has just come on on my t6 stop start still works and it’s had some long journeys in the last few weeks it’s running fine no loss of power any thoughts?

The eml light has just come on on my t6 stop start still works and it’s had some long journeys in the last few weeks it’s running fine no loss of power any thoughts?
My guess would be Insufficient gas flow in the EGR.

Got any codes from the van yet?

Carista... Obd11.... Vcds?

Back