Engine & Gearbox re mapping underway.

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking forward to this! :) My previous box (aka...piece of s**t) has been removed as it was awful and this chap came highly recommended.
Mapping the ECU and the Gearbox for smoother and faster gear changes.

IMG_5071.jpg

So how does it go?

Interested in how the DSG box remap has gone.

Much much smoother and quicker gear changes. I still find it a little aggressive in sport mode but she is so quick now in normal drive mode with a very sweet gearbox that sport is a little redundant unless I'm towing. Well worth the spend. I've yet to see what fuel economy has improved to but the van is noticably better than the 'plug and play' box I had before which just didn't work. Between 1000-1250 rpm it behaved as if it was going to stall.

Looking forward to this! :) My previous box (aka...piece of s**t) has been removed as it was awful and this chap came highly recommended.
Mapping the ECU and the Gearbox for smoother and faster gear changes.

View attachment 6207
When you say" box", you mean engine tuning box and not the gearbox?????

When you say" box", you mean engine tuning box and not the gearbox?????
No, a plug and play tuning box which you plugged straight in rather than someone connecting to your ecu and re mapping. Works in parallel with the ecu

Euro 5 or 6, original power output? And what is the new hp and torque figure?

Same as mine but I have the manual. Generally free's up around 40hp I've found on all of the cars I've had done. Can't decide whether to get the van done as I am happy pootling along in it. I'd poss only consider it if it makes a marked difference to the mpg.

Same as mine but I have the manual. Generally free's up around 40hp I've found on all of the cars I've had done. Can't decide whether to get the van done as I am happy pootling along in it. I'd poss only consider it if it makes a marked difference to the mpg.
I'll keep you posted on that one. I drive normally to be fair so I got it done mostly to help with the motorsport trailer I tow for racing so she doesn't have to work so hard. It does make driving 'smoother' all round though.

No, a plug and play tuning box which you plugged straight in rather than someone connecting to your ecu and re mapping. Works in parallel with the ecu
Yes, that's what I thought. I think @Polzeylad got all exited because you had taken your gearbox out. @Polzeylad has one of those manual cog boxes, and he gets all exited when he thinks more modern technology has gone wrong. Obviously not the case with you. What power output engine have you had mapped??

Yes, that's what I thought. I think @Polzeylad got all exited because you had taken your gearbox out. @Polzeylad has one of those manual cog boxes, and he gets all exited when he thinks more modern technology has gone wrong. Obviously not the case with you. What power output engine have you had mapped??
ha ha. Its a 180. I am unsure as to the final figure as it was not mapped on a rolling dyno. Usually adds around 15% I think?

:whistle:
So why did I pick the latest 8 speed ZF auto for our BMW then?
I choose the right 'box for the vehicle. :thumbsup:

Back