Engine fault code P2006

Pete bee

2016 DSG 150. Glow light flashing so put on a basic code reader and have the following. P2006 intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 1A.
Is this the EGR problem ? or another big job to fix ? Any info would help me before I take to the local independent.

OK done some goggling and would an engine carbon clean ie Terraclean solve the problem ? or will it need to be taken apart and replaced ?.

Last edited:
That could be just a generic code produced by the scanner. I`m not sure these engines have runner flaps? It may be worth taking it to a garage for a code read.

That might be the actuator on the end of the manifold.

Ok started van this morning and No Flashing glow plug light, So took the van for a run No flashing light and not in limp mod.
Retested for code and now No Codes shown and no codes stored. Is this normal for the van to reset and not store codes ?

It is possible, usually after a number of start cycles. If the trouble code doesn`t return it can disappear. But it also may be dependent on what you are using to scan your vehicle.

Ok started van this morning and No Flashing glow plug light, So took the van for a run No flashing light and not in limp mod.
Retested for code and now No Codes shown and no codes stored. Is this normal for the van to reset and not store codes ?
Most engine sensors are tested at each start, if the problem is not current then the lights go out but the fault is still stored.
What are you using to read the codes?

Update. Van has been to VW independent who have come up with the following.
New manifold need as the flaps are sticking when hot, I am told that Vw have reworked the manifold to over come this problem as it has happened on some early CXFA engines.
Has any one else had or know about this problem?

Hi, Did you mamage to resolve this?
My 2016 T6 has just had the exact same issue. Limp mode with heater plug light on and engine management light permanently lit. Scanner reads P2006. Any update appreciated.

Tha ks

Had to have the inlet manifold replaced and all working fine. But new manifold looked just the same as the old one.

No not cheap Six hours labour plus parts £750. At my local indy ( had been given job time from 3hrs up to 10hrs by Vw van centres ).

Ok, so today it was my turn to get this fault. I've booked a time at the shop online, so i should have an estimate for the job soon. Im I reading this correctly that the fault may clear when the engine (and weather) has cooled down? Would it be safe to drive it to the shop (25-30km) without making anything worse even if the fault it still there?

Ok, so today it was my turn to get this fault. I've booked a time at the shop online, so i should have an estimate for the job soon. Im I reading this correctly that the fault may clear when the engine (and weather) has cooled down? Would it be safe to drive it to the shop (25-30km) without making anything worse even if the fault it still there?
I ended up resetting mine with VCDS a few times. Indicated inlet manifold swirl valves stuck closed then stuck open. This happened 2 or 3 times then cleared. I've run it on shell V power fuel since and had no issues. Fingers crossed its gone for good. Never buy cheap fuel again. False economy if you then have to pay £750 for new inlet manifold!!! Good luck

I ended up resetting mine with VCDS a few times. Indicated inlet manifold swirl valves stuck closed then stuck open. This happened 2 or 3 times then cleared. I've run it on shell V power fuel since and had no issues. Fingers crossed its gone for good. Never buy cheap fuel again. False economy if you then have to pay £750 for new inlet manifold!!! Good luck
I'm in Norway, 750 pound don't even cover the 6 hours of labour here... I'll try clearing it and go for a drive sometime, fingers crossed!

I'm in Norway, 750 pound don't even cover the 6 hours of labour here... I'll try clearing it and go for a drive sometime, fingers crossed!
Wow.. Then I really hope it works for you. Thats an awful lot of money!!

Shop just called and it's definitely the sticky flap issue. They are fulley booked thought so I'll pick it up and drive for a few weeks until they can find the time.

Reactions: mmi
Picked the van up on Friday, and booked the first available time to change the manifold (in early september). Price estimate for the job 1400£ plus 140£ for diagnosing it. Norway is expensive... For now quickly turning it off and on again when the light starts fleshing seems to clear it for the rest of the trip.

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Back