Engine cover fitted

Are they like some other engine covers that have the sound deadening padding on the underside?
If so, does it dampen down any of the engine noise? (not that they are noisy, just wondering)

No difference mate..
IMO

Ok thanks.
My 5series had a huge cover which made quite a bit of difference when taken off, so just wondered if these were the same.
It's purely an aesthetic modification then.

The T5 ones were alittle better as they had sound proof on them but the T6 variant has nothing pure aesthetic mate

In fact I cut up my T5.1 engine cover and modded it to suit T6 but ripped off all the material.

You could add it but don't think it would make much difference TBH.

Silly question probably. Does this fit any T6 engine? The parts guy at my nearest VW van centre (SMG) just told me it won’t fit my van as it never came with one from the factory, and it only fits certain engines, but not mine (102ps)???!!! Really?......

I have a 15o ps and it fits my engine bay. They dont bolt to the engine anyway , so dont see why it will not fit really :confused:

The T5.1 covers need modding..
The centre cover is for the T6.. fixes to scuttle tray and front grille.

Hi @Fish does it need much modding? I’m tempted to try the 5.1 route. I can’t seem to find a link on here, do you know of one?

It’s the first thing I take off when I get a car, I want to see if I have a leak when I open the bonnet.

Back