Warranty request declined - Thoughts?

Mixersmate

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning All -

My van was in for a new auxiliary belt and tensioner a few weeks ago which was covered under my All-In extended warranty, and whilst it was there they diagnosed an issue with the screen wash system, the filler neck is perished apparently and requires replacement along with the gasket (part numbers 7E0955463B & 7E0955489.)

Marshall Van Centre Scunthorpe put in the paperwork to have it covered by All-In but they phoned yesterday and said it is a perished pipe which isn't covered! Does this sound right to you guys? I wouldn't describe it as a 'Pipe' its more of a main component of the screen wash system!

Is there a central warranty claims department I can take this up with and try and argue to have it done?

They also said it would be £280 to have it done but after a quick google I can get the parts for under £50, does anybody have any experience changing this part? is it a fairly simple task?

Thanks all, Merry Christmas!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
call the VWCV Warranty department and ask them.

you can verify what the garage is telling you. - see what they say.

(just call them and say you need to check the details for the ALL-IN warranty claim/works of your vehicle reg:123xyz. they can tell you all the warranty works approved or declined, but wont go into prices or anything. you can then varify if the pipe is covered, and if not . . why not.)

"How to make a Warranty claim (Continental Europe) If you need to make a claim, please contact the Warranty team on +44 333 043 3784. If you are unable to contact the Warranty team, you may arrange for your vehicle to be repaired. Please contact the Warranty team at the address below within 30 days of any repair and you will be advised if repairs completed are covered by your Warranty. Please ensure that you retain a detailed repair invoice to support your claim. If your claim is covered, you will be reimbursed in GBP at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of settlement. On your return to the UK, please send the invoice and copies of your vehicle’s service records to the Warranty team either by: - Telephone: +44 333 043 3784 - Email: customerservices@vwcv-usedwarranty.co.uk - Post: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles Warranty, PO Box 869, Warrington WA4 6LD"

let us know what they do say after the call - this will be interesting

Morning All -

My van was in for a new auxiliary belt and tensioner a few weeks ago which was covered under my All-In extended warranty, and whilst it was there they diagnosed an issue with the screen wash system, the filler neck is perished apparently and requires replacement along with the gasket (part numbers 7E0955463B & 7E0955489.)

Marshall Van Centre Scunthorpe put in the paperwork to have it covered by All-In but they phoned yesterday and said it is a perished pipe which isn't covered! Does this sound right to you guys? I wouldn't describe it as a 'Pipe' its more of a main component of the screen wash system!

Is there a central warranty claims department I can take this up with and try and argue to have it done?

They also said it would be £280 to have it done but after a quick google I can get the parts for under £50, does anybody have any experience changing this part? is it a fairly simple task?

Did you have to pay the £99 "diagnostic fee" to get the belt & tensioner changed? What were the symptoms of the fault?

Did you have to pay the £99 "diagnostic fee" to get the belt & tensioner changed? What were the symptoms of the fault?
The belt was making a horrendous squeal so I asked them to have a look during a service last month, they diagnos3d it but didn’t mention the £99 fee.

they did say I’d have to pay the £99 diagnostic fee for the screen wash whilst It was in for the belt change but the girl I was dealing with was off on the day I took it in so I just casually mentioned it to another girl and got away with the fee.

Have you personally confirmed their diagnosis? Sounds fishy to me I know VW's aren't what we might like to think they are but are they that bad that a screen wash bottle will 'perish'?

Morning All -

The All-In Warranty excludes “Wear and perishable items as follows… …Coolant hoses, pipes and connections”. However, this pipe (or connection!) is part of the screen wash system which I can’t see is specifically excluded (depends on whether the word “Coolant” is meant to apply to hoses, pipes and connections or only hoses. I would suggest you could argue the way it’s written, it applies to all three, thereby leaving other pipes and connections covered but I suspect they didn’t mean this). It could be excluded as wear and tear or normal deterioration but that’s not what they’ve said. I would be arguing that the way the warranty is worded, only pipes relating to the coolant system are excluded. They may argue this or just fall back on the wear and tear wording. Good luck but I’m not sure in fancy your chances unfortunately. Let us know.

I'm more surprised you got the Aux belt and tensioner under warranty!

Mine weren't covered.

Or rather, belt wasn't covered, and as they don't recommend a new belt on an old (but seemingly in working order) tensioner it was left to me to gamble or pay up.

Update for anyone who is interested, I could not get hold of anyone from warranty on the contact info above so gave up, asked a local garage to replace the filler neck and seal (VWs diagnosis) and it’s still leaking!

Back