Earth location

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
No not space travel :) I'm starting to fiddle with the van, as I like doing (I waited 2 months this time!) and am running power from the fusebox to a GPS and a dash cam that will live on the front screen. Is there a handy earth I can splice into near the fusebox or behind the right dash side panel?

Got to say, the accuracy of fit and quality of the dash panels is light years better than the T5, but it does make running wires around a bit harder

@andys there is a thread on dashcams that you may find provides lots of advice and guidance on selection and fitting. The f770 with front and rear cameras seems popular.
Hi yes I've seen that but can't see what I was looking for. I'm putting an F750 in, been pleased with it for a couple of years.

Hi the earth I used was a screw within the interior light console mounting .. You dont need to splice into an earth , just find a grounded fixing..

Last edited:
I believe there's also an earth stud behind each A pillar somewhere near the bottom

There's a stud behind the trim that the tweeter is in from memory. Is that the a-pillar @Pauly ? If so, apologies for repeating you :)

Yes A pillar is the front member that runs up the front of the front doors and diagonally along edge of the windscreen (making an A shape ish)
B Pillar = post behind front door
C Pillar = post behind sliding doors
D Pillar = rear post by tailgate/rear doors

Back