Early Planning For Solar

8o8

I'm planning on fitting a solar panel on my van, looking at the photonic universe 160W semi flexible. But scanning through some posts on here i found out i need to now upgrade my existing leisure battery setup. My van is 16 plate euro 5 engine T28 so has stop/start bluemotion, was an exhire camper before i bought it. The current set up uses an Amber valley VSR feeding a banner 70ah AGM battery, the loads off this are a webasto cruise 49L compressor fridge, Eberpascher diesel heater (not sure model) and some LED strip lights. I've also got a smev sink unit, with water pump and immersion but to be honest after a year of having the van i don't use the sink etc as we tend to use site facilities. I now understand the best option is to fit a DC/DC charger, i have been looking at the CTEK D250SE as it would look after the solar side to with a built in MPPT controller. So im wondering would i need to upgrade the existing wiring for the DC/DC or just swap for the VSR? Would i also need the CTEK smart pass? And finally would the battery cope with supply from the solar panel or would i need more storage?

Any advice would be welcome.

Back