Drivers window won't go up with switch [Resolved]

K-P are revision numbers the higher, the newer (later), don't need to be coded to the van but need to have the same coding as the one you remove.

I am going to swap the green/white and red/ white cable IDC pins temporarily on the double window switch. That will confirm it‘s not the switch. Thereafter, I’ll need to find the part somewhere. 7E0959801P

thanks again

You were correct about the switch Loz. The switch is OK
I swapped the red/w & green/w wire pins on the switch module connector over and now the driver's side window switch operates the passenger window correctly which proves no fault with switch.
I have ordered a 2nd hand 7E0959801P motor and control from what looks like a good eBay seller (with 100% feedback) who upgraded a VW T6 to have folding mirrors and was selling this one.
Fingers crossed, when it arrives, it will work.

Received and fitted Window motor and module. Windows are now fully functional, including comfort functions. Because the switch had got wet previously, I was going to swap door switch for "belt and braces" but seemingly "genuine" T6 double driver's side replacement switch from an Amazon seller was incompatible as socket on switch too small.

Many thanks to @Loz for all his help with this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had reset the comfort close function by doing the switch down then switch up and hold for five seconds and the comfort open/close starting working again.
Yesterday I was watching a video on Youtube about window anti-pinch safety. I went out to my van and tried it. I found that the window anti pinch took lot of pressure to make the window back off when I pressed the window up switch. I really needed this to be more sensitive. I opened windows with key in driver door lock and did the reset procedure that way. Now the anti-pinch is much more sensitive and window drops if I apply only a little resistance as it travels up to close window.
I've read that if you disconnect your vehicle battery the anti pinch has to be reset also...important so as not to cause injury to anyone in future.

Received and fitted Window motor and module
Hi Jim, I am pretty much at the same level of investigation and tossing myself if should replace window driver motor myself or not. Are you able to share if you had to remove the inside door* or door panel/card* only to replace the faulty component?

*: I refer as inside door as the part where window rails are mounted are the back

Hi Jim, I am pretty much at the same level of investigation and tossing myself if should replace window driver motor myself or not. Are you able to share if you had to remove the inside door* or door panel/card* only to replace the faulty component?

*: I refer as inside door as the part where window rails are mounted are the back
sorry long time since you posted reply. Yes, I did have to remove door card

Back