Drivers Door Lock mechanism / Switch

Frankyman

Drivers door sensor not working, doesn't show that the door is open on the dash so the van locks the doors on the timer - dangerous for locking keys in the van. Tried WD40 on the catch, no point, didn't work. Bought new mechanism off ebay and fitted it today. Top tip, buy some multi spline bits before you start, you'll need torx bits, a torx bit on a long stem, 10mm spanner and long nose pliers plus a flat trim remover and electricians screwdriver. Took me most of the day. See you tube to remove trim. Another tip, 2 round plugs in metal door inner face, drop window until you see bolts on window base frame, loosen them, lift the window and tape it up out the way. You'll need to remove the door lock to release the handle cable too.

Had an issue the past 2 days where the drivers door wouldn't shut first time and kept bouncing open.

Now when I do get the mechanism to engage, the microswitch isn't making so the Van thinks the door is open resulting in me unable to lock the van off the key fob, and if i drive I've got alarms going off as the van thinks I'm driving with the door open.:mad:

Stripped down the door card which didn't help and I need to get the inner metal door cover off too, but struggling to remove this as the window is attached to it ? Looked for videos but cant find any guidance how to do this - wondering if anyone had any help / tips please ?

Had an issue the past 2 days where the drivers door wouldn't shut first time and kept bouncing open.

Now when I do get the mechanism to engage, the microswitch isn't making so the Van thinks the door is open resulting in me unable to lock the van off the key fob, and if i drive I've got alarms going off as the van thinks I'm driving with the door open.:mad:

Stripped down the door card which didn't help and I need to get the inner metal door cover off too, but struggling to remove this as the window is attached to it ? Looked for videos but cant find any guidance how to do this - wondering if anyone had any help / tips please ?
Drivers door sensor not working, doesn't show that the door is open on the dash so the van locks the doors on the timer - dangerous for locking keys in the van. Tried WD40 on the catch, no point, didn't work. Bought new mechanism off ebay and fitted it today. Top tip, buy some multi spline bits before you start, you'll need torx bits, a torx bit on a long stem, 10mm spanner and long nose pliers plus a flat trim remover and electricians screwdriver. Took me most of the day. See you tube to remove trim. Another tip, 2 round plugs in metal door inner face, drop window until you see bolts on window base frame, loosen them, lift the window and tape it up out the way. You'll need to remove the door lock to release the handle cable too.
Hi, I've got similar problem and looks like I need a new door catch mechanism. Door won't close and just bouncing open when trying to close it. I plan to do it myself but wondering if you found any detailed instructions or videos to replace the door catch mechanism.

Back