Please help - cannot remove sliding door locking mechanism

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 SL-to-Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning. I’ve got a faulty sliding door locking mechanism and have bought a replacement part but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the mech out.

I’ve removed the barrel, disconnected the rear latching part, removed the three spline bolts but it won’t come out. Does anybody have access to the workshop manual for this procedure please?

I’d understand if a PM is best than a post for security reasons.

Please help

Chris

Superstar - thank you @mmi - I didn’t know about that site. Will come in very handy. Thanks again.

Reactions: mmi
Judging by the manual, all that I had to do was apply more force downward. Has anyone been through this?

Don't know if you'll have sorted this by now, but you do need to give it a bit of force downwards to get the inner handle rod to disconnect from the mechanism.

Reactions: CJW
Don't know if you'll have sorted this by now, but you do need to give it a bit of force downwards to get the inner handle rod to disconnect from the mechanism.
I’m going to have another go later today. I removed the inner handle and rod so it can’t have been that. I wonder if it was just binding on something. Now I know there shouldn’t be an impediment, I’ll give it a bit more welly. Thank you for your comment - much appreciated.

Make sure you wear gloves - edges of the holes of the inner door panel/frame are very sharp! I have a scar from removing a window seal from a (classic) mini door that let go suddenly!

From memory there’s a plastic water catcher thing which just pulls off and this gives a bit more space to move the lock

Reactions: CJW
Thanks all - sorted now: knowing it should move gave me the confidence to prise it away from the white plastic door lock carrier assembly a little and apply moderate downward force - must have been caught on a lip of the white plastic.

Replacement is now in and works a charm. Hopefully that’s the end of that! :)

Yes I did wear gloves and yes I did need them.

Back