Drivers door adjustment.

LBird80

T6 Pro
I know the instructions to adjust the door have already been posted, but has anyone actually attempted it themselves and how simple was it to do.
Mine is dropped slightly, there’s no rubbing etc but it’s just enough to bug me so was thinking about attempting to adjust it.

Wanted to see how people approached it, any tips etc. or is it one of those jobs which is easier to book into a body shop.

anyone?
Someone on this forum must have attempted this at some point.
I can’t be the only one?
Or am I? Hmm….

Same here. Didn't know it could be adjusted. Thought it was new hinge time. Will have a search.....

I’ve done it.
So basically there are two torx screws one visible on the outside of the hinge and the other is inside behind a gromett just behind the bonnet release catch (just be careful with this one if you unscrew it too much there is a chance of dropping it inside the wing). Literally just loosen both off and give the door a lift to align. Tighten back up and voila.

It would be quite tricky to get lined up if you are doing it solo, so if you can someone to give you a hand it will make it much easier.

Mine has been sweet since I adjusted it and closes without a slam now too.

Top man. Fired up for a weekend fix now so long as storm Kermit doesn't hit. So was that just this hinge?
1706023492435-png.226677

Daft question, how can you tell it's dropped?
Mine needs a slam but I presumed it was due to a) the new door seal and b) the insulation, carpet lining etc

Top man. Fired up for a weekend fix now so long as storm Kermit doesn't hit. So was that just this hinge?
1706023492435-png.226677
Yea. Same hinge. I didn’t replace mine. Just adjusted it.
Apparently VW recommend you should change the torx screws but I didn’t.
I figured what’s the worst can happen John Wick drives enough cars around with no doors and he’s still alive. :cool:

Mine needs a slam but I presumed it was due to a) the new door seal and b) the insulation, carpet lining etc
I can see mine. The top gap is smaller at the hinge end and goes wider towards the back of the van. It's also rubbing slightly on the front wing.

On mine you could visibly see the door was out of alignment. The bottom of the door was much closer to the wing panel than the top part.

If it’s just needing a slam it could just be the slam hook thing(sure there is a proper name for it, the silver hook bit which is fixed to the B Pillar and the door latches onto might need adjusting slightly.

Again this is also simple enough to do DIY.

I can see mine. The top gap is smaller at the hinge end and goes wider towards the back of the van. It's also rubbing slightly on the front wing.
Mine was very close to rubbing but caught it before it got that far.

@LBird80 I think I can see the external Spline to undo, but wanted to check what’s involved to undo the inside one (as I’m not able to see it on mine) do I need to remove the plastic where to bonnet release cable passes through to get to it.

Mines just catching at the bottom and started to rub, so hoping to fix it the way you have.

Cheers
Chris

IMG_0944.jpeg

@LBird80 I think I can see the external Spline to undo, but wanted to check what’s involved to undo the inside one (as I’m not able to see it on mine) do I need to remove the plastic where to bonnet release cable passes through to get to it.

Mines just catching at the bottom and started to rub, so hoping to fix it the way you have.

Cheers
Chris

View attachment 228965
You should be able to pull back the rubber floor matting which goes over the wheel arch and then behind this you will see a black grommet. Pull that out and you will get to the inner bolt.

Back