drivers captain seat armrest adjustment and use

Hilly64

VIP Member
T6 Pro
anyone else notice that the LHS armrest needs re-adjustment between each use. Mine seems to drop and needs lifting each time I go to use it. Was the same on my T5 so guessing a quirk rather than anything broken. Not a major but something happening with the worm drive adjuster I suspect when in the vertical stored position?

Also how do others use their arm rests. I tend to only use on longer journeys as seem to inhibit steering when driving round town. is there a preference to use one or both most of the time or like me just on longer runs?

anyone else notice that the LHS armrest needs re-adjustment between each use. Mine seems to drop and needs lifting each time I go to use it. Was the same on my T5 so guessing a quirk rather than anything broken. Not a major but something happening with the worm drive adjuster I suspect when in the vertical stored position?

Also how do others use their arm rests. I tend to only use on longer journeys as seem to inhibit steering when driving round town. is there a preference to use one or both most of the time or like me just on longer runs?
Mine need frequent re-adjustment, which is slightly annoying but not the end of the world. I use mine all the time. We tend to do long journeys in our van, so I frequently alter the seat settings to reduce back/thigh/backside aches.

Same here. I'm not aware that I knock the adjuster when driving or getting in and out but it's possible.

I use the armrests on long journeys. I have a tendency to sit a bit squiffy, possibly because I put an elbow on the door, which results in back and neck pain on longer trips. The armrests seem to level me off.

Im not the only one wondering this then!!
My LHS one drops slightly too. I have 1+1 upfront and can only assume its because I often brush past it going between the seats to the back to strap kids in etc.

I had T6 1+1 captain seats and I swapped them out for brand new T6.1 1+1 with factory swivels and both seats did it so It wasn't a case of a dodgy pair hence I came to the conclusion it was me brushing past them when upright.

I only really use the armrests on longer journeys on dual carriageways and motorways (manual gearbox) as I find it comfortable and better for my back, wouldn't be without!

Both mine do the same but the left is a bit worse. I've always put it down to yet another example of VW palming crap designed and cheaply built kit on us poor punters.

Back