Driveaway awning when awning fitted?

Steveofar

Hi, I was struggling with the title!!!

I’m having a dometic pw1100 awning fitted to my t6.1.

Can I still use a drive away awning? If so please send recommendations !!

I expect so. The rail should have a channel in it that accepts the connection to the driveway awning (picture lifted from Dometic website)

I have a different brand of roll out sunshade, same concept, and when I get round to sewing the correct bead to my old awning I will have the same thing.

IMG_3848.jpeg

you can use any drive away awning you just need to have the right kador strip to fit your wind out awning example fiamma wind out has 4mm connection slot so a kador 4mm to 6mm and a 6mm figure of 8 that your awning slides into

@Steveofar, Hi, yes you can. The awning has the channel for using a generic awning driveway kit to attach it to the driveway awning. We've been using an Outdoor Revolution Cayman Combo with a Dometic PW1100 for a couple years now.

IMG_20240113_140559.jpg

Hi, any feedback on the Dometic Pw1100 awning please? How do people find them, pros and cons? Looking at buying one and would like a bit of user experience feedback if possible before i pull the trigger. Not alot of reviews or info out there. Thanks.

I have one, I love it. I never had a different one though. I’m sure others will be able to compare. The only thing you need to be aware of this end caps. I lost one and made sure the replacement was super glued . Dometic customer services in Germany is fantastic. English speaking and any parts to you within a few days should you never need them.

Hi, any feedback on the Dometic Pw1100 awning please? How do people find them, pros and cons? Looking at buying one and would like a bit of user experience feedback if possible before i pull the trigger. Not alot of reviews or info out there. Thanks.
We had the slightly older PW1000 for a couple of years. Great piece of kit. Just watch out for the bolts heads that attach the awning to the mounting bracket. If normal hex head bolts are used they may rub on the fold out arms. (See pics). Other than that we never had any issues. Only reason we changed our for the Fiamma 145s was that I wanted a black case and the old one was silver.

IMG_20230923_144019.jpg

IMG_20230923_143536.jpg

IMG_20230923_144029.jpg

If you're looking to choose awnings then this thread could be useful:

If you're looking to choose awnings then this thread could be useful:

Thanks, will check it out. Appreciate the reply

We had the slightly older PW1000 for a couple of years. Great piece of kit. Just watch out for the bolts heads that attach the awning to the mounting bracket. If normal hex head bolts are used they may rub on the fold out arms. (See pics). Other than that we never had any issues. Only reason we changed our for the Fiamma 145s was that I wanted a black case and the old one was silver.

View attachment 230960

View attachment 230961

View attachment 230962
Thanks for the feedback. Its a minefield with so many options available. Appreciate the reply

I have one, I love it. I never had a different one though. I’m sure others will be able to compare. The only thing you need to be aware of this end caps. I lost one and made sure the replacement was super glued . Dometic customer services in Germany is fantastic. English speaking and any parts to you within a few days should you never need them.
Brilliant thanks for that. Do you have any rattle issues when driving? Do you find it strong when the wind picks up? Appreciate the feedback thanks

Brilliant thanks for that. Do you have any rattle issues when driving? Do you find it strong when the wind picks up? Appreciate the feedback thanks
Not a peep from either the Dometic or the Fiamma when driving. We use storm straps if it looks like it's going to get windy. We have had a couple of occasions where I decided to wind the awning in but these were very windy days. Hasn't caused any real problems so far though. Just common sense decisions.

Not a peep from either the Dometic or the Fiamma when driving. We use storm straps if it looks like it's going to get windy. We have had a couple of occasions where I decided to wind the awning in but these were very windy days. Hasn't caused any real problems so far though. Just common sense decisions.
Thats great to know thanks. Definately more positives for the donetic than negatives and i like the look of the cassette its nice and neat. Thanks for that

I think several of the wind out awnings can also have an optional additional arm you can put in in the centre to help stop it sagging if it rains that might be worth considering if you are planning on having it out in weather

I think several of the wind out awnings can also have an optional additional arm you can put in in the centre to help stop it sagging if it rains that might be worth considering if you are planning on having it out in weather
Yes thats a good shout thanks. I have been looking at those. The shopping basket is never empty! Thanks

No rattle issues, and if it’s really windy I don’t put it out. It seems as strong as any out there, I just don’t take the risk

Back