Drive away awnings.. where can we view them?

Hi I've just become a owner of a transporter I live in north linclonshire and I need every thing related to the camping side I have a t5.1 can you get drive away awning and where's the nest place to look.
Thanks Ian
Do you have an awning rail? If not you can strap it over the van or various other options but I would look to get a multi rail fitted or similar then you should be able to go for anything t5/t6 specific at least

No it doesn't have a rail fitted is it something easy to get hold of is there anywhere local to me in linclonshire who can fit one

Hi I'm just starting out and need everything relating to the camping side where is the best place to find a driveway arming and have a rail fitted I'm in linclonshire
Thanks
Ian

Hi there,

Depends on what type of rail you want, I have the one that sits in the rain gutter and isn't visible unless you look. Awning then just slides in with a kador strip. Really easy to fit as well.

On the awning side then I would recommend an Air beam type (Vango) if the budget will allow as much easier to erect and stronger in the wind. Got mine from the guy's at Funky Leisure. Now is a good time to buy as many have deals on stock from this year. If you wait till 2023 then expect to pay more.

Cheers...

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend somewhere to actually view some Driveaway awnings in the Northwest/Lakes or South West Scotland?

I'd quite to get my hands on one before we buy one for the Van.

Cheers!

I would suggest getting on the train and head to the caravan and camping show at the NEC

Evening all,

We're a family of 4 (2 adults, 7 and 3 year old) and we're looking to expand our camping equipment with a driveaway awning.

Definitely after an air awning, not too big, not too small. Mostly just some extra space to relax, eat, store things when we go out for the day. Are there any that you could possibly spend the night in without buying the extra bedroom inner?

We'd ideally like to view them before we buy, so we're sure we're picking the right one for us. I know about Camperite Leisure in Marks Tey but is there anywhere else in the Herts/Essex/London area we could view them?

Thanks!

Sarah

I have a vango Rhone (galli III with polycotton material) for sale. We have 2 inner tents, footprint, carpet. I guess you don’t have to use the inner tents to sleep in it but the kids liked them as it gave them their own space and separated from each other. I’m in west Herts if you are interested0F609E04-8CA8-4189-8422-39544B38BFB9.jpeg

Same problem to solve as you and we have a Vango Tailgate Airhub Low. We have our kitchen at the back so wanted something that fits over the tailgate, but it can equally be situated in the more traditional position. Possibly not as large as some of the other options, which might be a good thing or bad...

Vango do sleeping pods that you put up inside the main awning relatively cheaply. Think they're compatible with most of their units (we don't have one currently but wanted the option).

We're South Bucks if you wanted to take a look.

Evening all,

We're a family of 4 (2 adults, 7 and 3 year old) and we're looking to expand our camping equipment with a driveaway awning.

Definitely after an air awning, not too big, not too small. Mostly just some extra space to relax, eat, store things when we go out for the day. Are there any that you could possibly spend the night in without buying the extra bedroom inner?

We'd ideally like to view them before we buy, so we're sure we're picking the right one for us. I know about Camperite Leisure in Marks Tey but is there anywhere else in the Herts/Essex/London area we could view them?

Thanks!

Sarah
Depends if you’re in a hurry for one ?
I would definitely look around if your in the Midlands Birmingham way then we have a few camping stores that have some big displays of loads of different types
Better still get yourself along to a festival like camper jam and you can chat or see loads in use
Most of us are happy to talk all things camping
Plus ideas will be by the bucket load ?
Even if you don’t stay for the weekend a day pass to a camping festival will give you loads of ideas
Lastly from me for what it’s worth
Also think about when you’re not using it ? Storage in or out of the van ? As not always will using the van will you be putting it up
Not forgetting the day when it’s raining cats and dogs and you need to drop it quick setting up when the suns out and you’re back home ?
Garden big enough and all that ?
Best of luck and I have the vango faro air
My kitchen is a pod on the rear so have another canopy if needed for that but the awning has a rear entry next to the van
IMG_2478.pngIMG_2448.jpeg

Back