thule sun awning // drive-away

Bynxy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We have a thule sun awning fitted to our van but want to use a drive away awning to expand our space as well, does anyone else use a drive away awning as well as the thule awning or other wind out awning if so what do you use

We have a thule sun awning fitted to our van but want to use a drive away awning to expand our space as well, does anyone else use a drive away awning as well as the thule awning or other wind out awning if so what do you use
Doesn’t your wind out awning have a channel to take the drive away awning strip?

Reactions: CAB
Hi @Bynxy...we mainly use a Thule sun awning for short trips and a Vango Kela driveway awning for longer trips and sometimes use them both together which gives a great space....wind out the Thule to required depth and then slot the driveway onto the Thule.....perfect when you know the weather is going to be good! :cool:

:thumbsup:

Hi @Bynxy...we mainly use a Thule sun awning for short trips and a Vango Kela driveway awning for longer trips and sometimes use them both together which gives a great space....wind out the Thule to required depth and then slot the driveway onto the Thule.....perfect when you know the weather is going to be good! :cool:
Hi Ricardo I have been looking at the Vango Kela it would be ideal for us only question I have is if it rains how do you stop it coming through gap between the van and Thule awning so you can have the door open and go between the 2 without getting wet?

They do sell an extortionately expensive “kit” to prevent water coming through the gap. It is essentially a stick on rubber strip.
A lot of people just use some foam pipe lagging from B&Q (other DIY stores are available)

Hi Ricardo I have been looking at the Vango Kela it would be ideal for us only question I have is if it rains how do you stop it coming through gap between the van and Thule awning so you can have the door open and go between the 2 without getting wet?
'Lagging' it seems to work really well..may get the odd drip where the figure of eight channel sections abutt each other but no issues really...at a fraction of the cost. ;)

IMG_3859.jpeg

Hello, does anyone know if a drive away awning kit can be used with a Thule 3200 pull out canopy? Can't find the C channel!
Thanks!

Looks like you can’t as the part that would accept the kador is on the roll out part only whereas most other models it’s built into the case

Has anyone got any experience with the Tentbox side awning?

Looking at it as an alternative to the Fiamma F45s.

Back