Can I carpet line my cabin door cards?

oxocube

VIP Member
Hello
So I'm wondering if anyone has carpet lined their door cards? I used to have a lovely t4 and it was made of carpet pretty much. My t6 just feels too vany with these plastic cards. I'm going to sound deaden the doors soon, so while the cards are off, I'd love to carpet if its possible. Has anyone done this? And can you give me some tips where to avoid. Ie: handles and mirror console. Just checking everything would click back in place?
Cheers!

Not seen it done mate but surely if you could do it in a T4 you can in a T6? Make sure you document it and do a write up! ; )

I was also thinking of doing this and the bottom plastics on the dash too any pics and advice would be great

Anythings possible but it may affect the re-sale in the future, I don’t imagine it would be to everybody's liking.

The carpet would get wet when you open the doors in the rain.

Reactions: DXX
Did anyone do this? Wondering about lining the door cards. Not sure whether to go for suede or stretch carpet..

On the subject of removing door cards. I removed my tailgate door card to fit a light and snapped two clips. Anyone know of a good source for replacement clips? I have the clips which are external, for under panels but not sure where to get internal clips. Same clips I assume for the pillar covers, as a couple of mine are loose.

Cheers Dave C

Did anyone do this? Wondering about lining the door cards. Not sure whether to go for suede or stretch carpet..

On the subject of removing door cards. I removed my tailgate door card to fit a light and snapped two clips. Anyone know of a good source for replacement clips? I have the clips which are external, for under panels but not sure where to get internal clips. Same clips I assume for the pillar covers, as a couple of mine are loose.

Cheers Dave C
Are you talking about the front door cards or just on the sliding door(s)?

Hello
So I'm wondering if anyone has carpet lined their door cards? I used to have a lovely t4 and it was made of carpet pretty much. My t6 just feels too vany with these plastic cards. I'm going to sound deaden the doors soon, so while the cards are off, I'd love to carpet if its possible. Has anyone done this? And can you give me some tips where to avoid. Ie: handles and mirror console. Just checking everything would click back in place?
Cheers!
I did mine in leather you have to strip the door cards down into 3 parts then re glue them back together again with a glue gun

231543BB-23A8-4F4D-A305-7D947F00354E.jpeg

072D15E2-E4A2-4EAD-9C14-5D263FD5B6AD.jpeg

Back