Dometic Under-seat Fridge - Paint/Wrap/Other?

Deviant Tubs

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Morning all,

So I've been racking my brains over this and I've decided it's time to ask those in the know on the forum.

I'm in the process of having van converted. I'm going for a Day Van type setup with a wider 130cm bed and slim line kitchen unit running the length of the vehicle (no gas hob/no wardrobe) I've opted for Dometic CD30 Drawer Fridge that will be positioned under the Reimo Variotech 3000 (sliding)

The Kitchen units are going to be an off white/cream gloss colour, the same colour will be used on the frontage of the bed/seat. The fridge however is available in only black or white plastic fronted, either of which I think will look a bit naff against the cream. So I'm considering my options..

One of which would be to paint the front of the fridge to match the gloss cream colour of everything else bit I'm no expert on painting plastic and I'm wondering how long it will last. I've heard it can be a bit of a nightmare if not done correctly and it might look a bit pony?

The second option would be to get the front to the fridge Vinyl wrapped with an exact match of colour. However the shape of the draw front is a bit if a b*itch as it's super curvy, I'm thinking this may end up being too much of a nightmare to wrap? I've never had anything wrapped before.

Or maybe there is a third option I've not considered?

I've included a photo that gives you an idea of the fridge/seat setup I'm on about (just imagine the wood effect is gloss cream)

35106140600_2dae0df3ed_c.jpeg

Plus here is a closer look at the front of the drawer fridge...

CD30_OPEN__75762.1533730065.jpg

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers everyone!!!

Back