Does the sliding door locking mechanism of a 2018 t6 have a microswitch built in?

T-sixer

Hi guys.

Having issues with my sliding door and tailgate showing up as not being shut on display. Im assuming this is also why alarm isn't working. Before i start taking the van apart i just wanted to know if there is a microswitch in the locking mechanism as i know these can get clogged up and/or become stuck in open or closed position. Can only seem to find messages about the t5 and not t6 locking mechanisms and these seem to differ in shape from the t6 version. If anyone can answer or has any other ideas for what it could be them im all ears. thanks guys

What model is it ?

If it’s a Highline then you do indeed have a factory fitted thatcham alarm system and the door signal is generated within the door, the switch /signal comes from the latch mechanism that goes onto the striker plate, on the side door this is at the rear edge of the door and on the tailgate it’s bottom centre

If it’s not a Highline then you don’t have a factory alarm and the side door signal/switch is external to the door itself, it’s an old school door pin mounted on the external edge of the C pillar so needs the sliding door open to see/access it

Reactions: mmi
Hi Pauly. Thanks for the reply. It’s a caravelle. Apparently this is the model = Transporter T32 St-Ln Tdi Bmt. It doesn’t have any bells and whistles when it comes to the cab so I’m assuming it’s not a high line. So your saying it won’t have an alarm fitted as standard then?

Im assuming the c pillar is the part that the sliding door closes onto? Do you have a picture of what the pin would look like?

Thanks again

Unless you literally mean the female 6 pin connector port on the pillar that the 6 pin male connector port on the door closes into? If so then I was assuming that the electrical circuit also passes through an internal micro switch inside the actual locking mechanism within the door frame?

I had the same problem. I have a trendline. Assume you’ve fixed this now, but for others the switch is black disc around 25mm in diameter. C pillar is the pillar the rear of the sliding door closes onto.

Back