Does the CBE dimmer stay in the on position when power is removed?

Lee8210

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does the CBE dimmer stay in the on position when power is removed?
I am planning on using a latching relay so I can switch my lights on and off from a few momentary switches around the van but I also want a dimmer, if I fed the CBE dimmer from the relay would it reset to the off state if I remove and reapply power or will it stay in the on position?

Thanks.

If I understand the question correctly is will remain the same as you left it when power was disconnected, It’s a simple potentiometer as far as I’m aware.

If I understand the question correctly is will remain the same as you left it when power was disconnected, It’s a simple potentiometer as far as I’m aware.
It was more the on off button I was thinking of, does it latch into place when on or is it a momentary switch and the last state isn't remembered when the power is removed.

It was more the on off button I was thinking of, does it latch into place when on or is it a momentary switch and the last state isn't remembered when the power is removed.

The switch on our CBE dimmers is latching. Best to mention precisely which dimmer model you mean though.

Pete

I'm installing it tomorrow, what wire did you use to link the push buttons together? Thanks.
Just what I had available, 1mm/1.5mm I think

Just what I had available, 1mm/1.5mm I think
Ideal thanks, did you have any problems with LEDs glowing when the power is meant to be off?
Also I take it I leave "mode" connected at all times so that it remembers the last brightness state.

Ideal thanks, did you have any problems with LEDs glowing when the power is meant to be off?
Also I take it I leave "mode" connected at all times so that it remembers the last brightness state.
From memory I fitted a 1k resistor across the load to stop the led's glowing. +12v to mode means it remembers it's last setting when powered on. I haven't connected this on any of mine. The boot light and main centre light are never disconnected from power so always remember their last state. The lights in the roof bed supply is switched on when camping meaning the first time they're put on they are at 100% but after that they remember their last brightness until the supply is removed.

From memory I fitted a 1k resistor across the load to stop the led's glowing. +12v to mode means it remembers it's last setting when powered on. I haven't connected this on any of mine. The boot light and main centre light are never disconnected from power so always remember their last state. The lights in the roof bed supply is switched on when camping meaning the first time they're put on they are at 100% but after that they remember their last brightness until the supply is removed.
sourcing map 200Pcs 1K Ohm Resistor, 1/4W 5% Tolerance Carbon Film Resistors, 4 Bands for DIY Electronic Projects and Experiments https://amzn.eu/d/bDTOu2r

Cheers, will these do the job?

Back