Does a new T6.1 have a breaking in period? Feeling sluggish, possibly a Restriction?

Arrow

T6 Pro
Got a new T6.1 199 DSG 4Motion... Very nice however....

Do they have some sort of de-powering programme on them for the first 1200 miles or something? Or possibly just because the vehicles new and everything tight as a belt on xmas day?

Reason I'm asking is because It seems a little underwhelming at the minute (600 miles on the clock) Maybe I just had high hopes for a rocket ship but I'm sure I tried out a 150bhp in the dealership (T6) and it felt a lot quicker. Also im getting about 28 mpg on a 100 mile run. I know its a heavy beast but my Amarok 2.0 180 was getting about 40! :eek:

Anyone else have a 199 to comment? Also, just to note, they have removed the sport mode on the 21 models... pissed me rite off as that is very handy for an overtake.

Thanks for anyone's feedback in advance!

Most new engine feel tight until run in properly.

Normally they feel much freeer after the first 4k. Then fully good to go after 8k.

My opinion after 3x new transporter vans and various company cars over the years.

I’ve got a 199 (6 not 6.1, but don’t think that would make a difference). No run in restriction that I noticed. I think it’s fair to say a “rocket ship” might have been a slight over expectation!

I seem to remember the official word from the dealer was to just drive it like normal from day one....... but don't go mad for the first 1k.....

His word not mine.

I suppose new pads and discs so break wear in is not a concern.

Though you will definitely notice a difference from day 1 to the 8k point.

That's good to know. Hoping after a few thousand it'll loosen up for sure.

What's your MPG with the 199 and 204 folks? Or average miles per tank?

Cheers

Last edited:
Back