Document Safe

Scoobied64

hi all

Does anyone have a recommendation for a small safe - something that can be permanently fixed to the interior of the van? I’m intending to use it for passports, insurance docs etc so doesn’t need to be huge. It’ll be going into a lwb t6 if that makes a difference. The van isn’t converted to camper yet so I want have an idea of what I can get or others use so the conversion company have the best chance of placing it discretely and not impede any electrical runs etc

You can get a small lockable compartment that goes under a front single seat. I use mine for docs, passport etc.

We have a Reimo one, it comes with a flexible cable & a mounting bracket so you have the choice of how it fits. It wouldn’t resist a determined attack, but they have to find it first:whistle:. It’s big enough for passports, money, phones etc.

We have a Reimo one, it comes with a flexible cable & a mounting bracket so you have the choice of how it fits. It wouldn’t resist a determined attack, but they have to find it first:whistle:. It’s big enough for passports, money, phones etc.
Reimo - Safe, safe, mobile safe for VW T5

I presume it’s this one - that looks ideal - all of the others that came up were other ones for hotels or tools - some looked ok but I like that this one is bolted to the seat

My thoughts are that if the thief sees a locked safe they will get in one way or another so it’s just a hinderance.
I tend to prefer a dummy junction box or false drawer bottom for small doc’s, cards and cash, something that’s really not obvious.

My thoughts are that if the thief sees a locked safe they will get in one way or another so it’s just a hinderance.
I tend to prefer a dummy junction box or false drawer bottom for small doc’s, cards and cash, something that’s really not obvious.

Yep agree, plenty of places to hide small valuables.

Here is the one my converter fitted, I just need to paint the lock black to blend in a bit. Yes a determined little shit will always get in, but it may hinder them.

20190904_184248.jpg

How about a fake battery? Might be a bit difficult to make, but cut the top off an old battery, remove the internals and then pop the top back on with a couple of short lengths of wire off the terminals and Bob’s your uncle.

Reactions: DXX
A couple of places the VW muppets have already ‘designed’ in:
1. Centre dashboard fuse box, not many can find that and when they do they can’t get their hand in anyway.
2. Gap between the dashboard and windscreen.

String is required if you want anything back.

If I were a thief and made the effort to break into the camper I’d just nick the whole vehicle I think. But I’m not so I wouldn’t.

Last edited:
Back