Do you have a T6.1 with faulty App-Connect?

Do you have a T6.1 with faulty App-Connect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m getting intermittent static noises using iPhone 12 / Spotify, if i pause the music for 5 seconds and play again it goes away.
I had it on my iPhone X, I’ve tried it with a brand new apple ubc cable and a brand new third party one, so i know it’s not my phone(s).
I’ll order this cable tomorrow and see if it works but £30 for a cable is a bit of a joke even for vw.
000051446DD - usb c - lightning 70cm

The cable for my part I find it very expensive.
A question with the iphone in maps mode can you hear the indications it indicates?
or for example in carplay when you enter the whatsapp app and you receive one, the application reads it to you (via siri) can you hear it through the speakers of the van?

i don’t use the function where it reads out messages, but I get a notification sound whenever I get a message or Waze for speed cameras etc.

Could you tell me the configuration you have on the iphone and the vehicle's sound system to be able to listen to the waze indications, since I can't do it, thanks

phone’s connected via the USB port and it just works for me. I can have a look tomorrow but I’ve never even seen settings for the app connect.
Will let You know then!

I’m still having issues with CarPlay. I’ve changed wires and still no luck. Has anyone resolved the crackling noises with the VW USB C lead?

I’m still having issues with CarPlay. I’ve changed wires and still no luck. Has anyone resolved the crackling noises with the VW USB C lead?
I dont think it's going to be a lead that makes the difference... I still get the same intermittant shit sound quality as well.. I've worked round this by filling up an old sd card.. no problems there.

Don't talk to me about continuous problems with Applecar play in my transporter - its so unreliable. BUT on EVERY loan Skoda I've had from them its NEVER been a problem so I think its more to do with the rigid suspension of the van and the lightning / USB ports and / or poor software in the T6 - even my local service centre are flumoxed

Fed up to the back teeth with it - but as I use carplay for my satnav and listening to podcasts, I'm stuck with it.

PS I've found that the echoing of the phone call can be reduced or eliminated by turning the volume down on the radio - yes seriously

Does it crackle on all music apps that you use? Mine crackles on calls as well which is so bloody annoying.

I think I’ll push VW to replace the ports to eliminate that. Shouldn’t have these issues on a brand new van.

Does it crackle on all music apps that you use? Mine crackles on calls as well which is so bloody annoying.

I think I’ll push VW to replace the ports to eliminate that. Shouldn’t have these issues on a brand new van.
Your right let me knwo how you get on... going to open a new thread on the echo...... echo.....

Have got the same issue. Brand new 6.1. I’m going to speak to VW this week so will let you know if they add anything new to this. It’s the only issue I’ve had, but it’s quite a big one.

Have got the same issue. Brand new 6.1. I’m going to speak to VW this week so will let you know if they add anything new to this. It’s the only issue I’ve had, but it’s quite a big one.
Great lets us knwo how you get on... Happened again today for me... half way through a track it went all cracky.. I flicked to the radio and the sound was perfect so defo the carplay.

I’ve noticed that when it starts crackling, I click on airplay symbol on my iPhone, the audio output shows 2 CarPlays and then one goes away. If I switched back to iPhone speaker output and then back to CarPlay the crackling stops.

I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the vans CarPlay software or the iPhone iOS version as to why it’s showing 2 CarPlay’s. It only does this once. Mine is booked in VW for the 23rd so will keep you all posted as well.

I think VW are just taking the piss, I’ve got a T6.1 with the basic audio and a iPhone 11 and I use an Apple MFI certified usb-c to lightning cable I got from Amazon for around £10. I’ve had no issues what do ever with my phone connection and apple CarPlay.
What iPhone 11 variant are you running?

Great lets us knwo how you get on... Happened again today for me... half way through a track it went all cracky.. I flicked to the radio and the sound was perfect so defo the carplay.
Popped the van into my local VW Commercial service centre and the first thing they said was that my Apple Certified lead needs to be an actual Apple lead or the VW official lead. So I have an Apple one on order and will try that. If the issue still happens then they will then take the van in for more detailed diagnostics. The person from VW was very helpful and familiar with the issue. The main thing was to get the issue logged on the warranty early on!

Popped the van into my local VW Commercial service centre and the first thing they said was that my Apple Certified lead needs to be an actual Apple lead or the VW official lead. So I have an Apple one on order and will try that. If the issue still happens then they will then take the van in for more detailed diagnostics. The person from VW was very helpful and familiar with the issue. The main thing was to get the issue logged on the warranty early on!

VW replaced the USB port and I do have an official apple lightning cable - it still disconnects on bumpy roads . I’ve got a T32 so the suspension is very stiff

VW replaced the USB port and I do have an official apple lightning cable - it still disconnects on bumpy roads . I’ve got a T32 so the suspension is very stiff

ah interesting. Now have a certified lead from Apple and the issue still happens. Mine is a T32 as well so based on this will pop the van back in.

ah interesting. Now have a certified lead from Apple and the issue still happens. Mine is a T32 as well so based on this will pop the van back in.
Its so annoying this is still happening... Please let us all know how you go on... did you phone the dealeship up first? I'm prety sure My dealership is in tier 4 so not sure if anyone would answer the phone!

Its so annoying this is still happening... Please let us all know how you go on... did you phone the dealeship up first? I'm prety sure My dealership is in tier 4 so not sure if anyone would answer the phone!
I phoned them and they booked me in. The person I spoke to when I dropped the van off said she’ll take a look while I was there still.

Once she spotted it was an official lead from Apple she explained VW can’t investigate any further until the lead is illuminated as the issue.
Now I have an official lead I’ll book it back in pronto as here in Bristol we’ve some how stayed in tier 3.

Hi Everyone,

Been experiencing crackling when playing music from a phone. I have tried different phones, different wires and different ports in the car. Crackling comes after a little while into the journey. Sometimes taking the wire out and plugging it back in helps.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have ran out ideas on how to fix it.

Thanks everyone.

I have exactly this issue !!

It started around a month ago and is getting seemingly worse. My 6.1 is booked in next week although I'm not holding my breath that they'll sort it having read this thread.

Back