Do you have a T6.1 with faulty App-Connect?

Do you have a T6.1 with faulty App-Connect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I may have solved the CarPlay echo problem - for iPhones at least. When plugged in via usb, the control centre on the phone has a mic mode setting. This needs to be on voice isolation rather than standard. Attached screenshots. I’m on an XR using the latest iOS 16.5.1. Tested with my mum! IMG_6464.pngIMG_6463.png

The unbelievable has come true - I managed to solve the problem of App Connect working in my VW T6.1 HL with Discover Pro with iPhone 14 PRO. Since it was very simple, I'm posting detailed instructions. As a reminder, the whole problem was the image breakup when using iPhone mirroring (any type) and running navigation software (Sygic, Waze, Google maps). After running navigation for a while, the response time and image decay gradually slowed down, and finally the connectivity with the mobile phone was disconnected. I was very worried and even the authorized Volkswagen service (Auto Jarov, Tukas) could not solve the problem, where they tried to convince me that the problem was in my phone, but definitely not in the vehicle.
Currently, the whole set (iPhone and Discover Pro) works perfectly and the response of the whole system has improved significantly.
After a long search on various forums, I found the portal https://mibsolution.one, where it is possible to download firmware updates for the individual group (VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi) infotainments. Unfortunately, the concern does not offer any links to download the FW on their site, let alone allow custom FW updates in this way. Apparently they have dropped the earlier option of on-line FW update, which caused me to "put to sleep" the entire infotainment in my vehicle several times and forced me to leave the vehicle in the workshop for at least a few days each time.
Due to this desperate situation, I was determined to try this "semi-legal" portal with all the possible risks that result from a failed update - at least someone in an authorized service would have to deal with it and somehow deal with it and eventually solve it.
However, it is easier than it may seem at first glance.
To update, you will need a USB drive of at least 16GB capacity, formatted to the FAT32 file system and a charged battery in the vehicle (the update takes approximately 20min and the power must not be interrupted during this time!).
1/ On the above portal (login details are guest/guest) you need to download the firmware file MOI3_EU_VW_R8410L_(0841)_3G0919360TH - size approx. 5.8GB - see picture 1, which is compressed (*.7z - can be unzipped in WinRAR - free download
2/ Once unpacked, copy the entire contents to a formatted USB drive and plug into one of the two USB-C slots on the dashboard in the vehicle.
3/ Turn the key to the position where the dashboard comes up completely and after the infotainment system comes up, long press the MENU button until the system enters service mode - see figure 2
4/ Then select the first option "Update.....", once selected the system will reboot and enter the mode where the FW update can be performed - see figure 3
5/ Then select the first menu item - "Update" and select the USB slot in which the USB drive is inserted - see Figure 4
6/ After loading and checking the correctness of the FW version, a screen will appear indicating the individual modules - see figure 5 and 6, and on the right side will be an update status indicator - N - no update, D - the uploaded update is lower than the current version, Y - the update will be performed.
7/ After the update has been performed, you need to exit the service mode, reboot the system and you are done.
Finally, you can check the execution of the update in the "System Information" menu - see Figure 7 (before the update) and Figure 8 (after the update).
Finally, the mirroring of any navigation via Apple CarPlay works in my vehicle, which I purchased for 2 180 000,- CZK including the extra charge for the Discover Pro system, and where the authorized service www.autojarov.cz and www.tukas.cz solved me by saying that the fault is in my phone and this fault is not subject to complaint!
Shame on you!

picture_1.jpeg

picture_2.jpeg

picture_3.jpeg

picture_4.jpeg

picture_5.jpeg

picture_6.jpeg

picture_7.jpeg

picture_8.jpeg

has anyone found a fix for the audio CarPlay via cable?
My van has been in so many times and they basically acknowledge the problem but have no solution.

The factory reset method worked for me BUT maybe it was dependant on other steps. Here's exactly what I did.

- Disconnect the USB cable from the van. Turn the ignition off completely.
- Turn the key back on to power the van. I didn't start mine up but it probably doesn't matter.
- Change the Privacy settings on your Head-Unit to the least secure; this isn't your banking app so I'm pretty sure it's not a risk.
- Do a full factory-reset of the head unit; it's somewhere in the settings. Read the alerts as it sometimes says it hasn't done it properly. It took me 3 attempts.
- Install the VW WeConnect App on your phone; this needs your VIN number and connects to your van directly from VW. I suspect this step may enable a software update.

I also bought a new cable for a tenner off Amazon which probably has nothing to do with it but I'm just saying this for completion.
One of the above steps cured the issue. I've driven it for hours at a time and it's been bang-on ever since.

I hope this helps someone.
So I was meaning to do this factory reset but now that the We Connect app is obsolete will this have an issue with the factory reset. I have already transferred onto the VW app, any advice will be helpful

I'm not sure if I have the same issue as everyone else. My problem is that when listening to music via the USB cable (the official VW one) I get poor sound quality, best described as crackly like an old vinyl record. Using bluetooth or an SD card I don't get the problem.
When I do the reset it goes away for a few weeks.

I also have a rattle coming from behind the instrument panel. (Its already been in and I was told they fixed the rattle by tightening the pollen filter (which obviously they didnt).
And I was told, over a year ago they couldn't do anything about the sound issue as I had fitted aftermarket speakers.

So, as my van is coming up to 3 years old, I booked it in for a service, MOT and at the same time asked them to fix the sound issue and the rattle.

Yesterday I spoke to the service department for an update.
They told me they had managed to replicate the sound issue and recorded it and sent it to VW. The believed it is an issue and would need a new MMI to fix.
They had also managed to replicate the rattle but were still trying to track down exactly where it was coming from. They would need to do more investigation using special listening equipment.

Hopefully I will have both issues fixed, although will need to wait for a new MMI unit if VW approve it.

@Skyliner33 the factory reset should sort out your sound problem for a while- it lasts about 6 weeks for me but I drive all week so may last longer if not used as much. Also have noticed that just turning the volume right down cures it for a few minutes

Update. Collected my van yesterday. They showed me the discussion with VW. They have installed all the latest updates and reset it. I have to run it for a month or so. If it returns they said will order a new MMI.

Back