Do these tyres look right on the wheels ?

You any idea what a 235/40r20 tyre would like? I can tell you nothing like a sidewall like that, more rubber band like and not in a 104y rating.
235/35/20 tyre on a rim.

4FC082D1-0A07-4D2D-B096-18D9E5673FDF.jpeg

Generally speaking, a 245 wide tyre isn’t too narrow for a 9” rim. It’s already been said in this thread, but not all tyres of the same tread width are actually the same width. Some are wider and have more rim protection built in than others.

Again, generally speaking, I would expect a 245/45 to sit with what would appear to be a very mild stretch on a 9” rim, but nothing dramatic. Looking at the photos of when @lenlec had his suspension done, it appears to confirm exactly that.

A couple of the photos in the first post appear to show the tyre after it has deflated and come away from the rim, which exaggerates the look and could have caused some of the responses about how shocking the fit of the tyres looked. It’s possible that hitting a curb, or even a serious pot hole has caused the damaged wheel rim shown in the photo, which might have lead to air loss from under the bead, causing the deflation. This is speculation of course and I might be wrong.

A 245/45 will not offer the same protection as say a 265/40 on a 9” rim, but it’s not usually the horror show that some are suggesting it is.

I’m not sure why the seller isn’t offering 265/40 as a T32 rated option, my only thought is that they are less readily available than other sizes so it’s easier for them to offer the 245/45. They could offer the favourite of many companies (not my favourite) regardless of rim width, the 275/40, which gives the same overall rolling circumference as the 245/45, but would give much more rim protection.

It’s important to understand that in general terms a 245 isn’t too narrow for a 9” rim and should be safe, the seller hasn’t really recommended the “wrong” tyre.

Generally speaking, a 245 wide tyre isn’t too narrow for a 9” rim. It’s already been said in this thread, but not all tyres of the same tread width are actually the same width. Some are wider and have more rim protection built in than others.

Again, generally speaking, I would expect a 245/45 to sit with what would appear to be a very mild stretch on a 9” rim, but nothing dramatic. Looking at the photos of when @lenlec had his suspension done, it appears to confirm exactly that.

A couple of the photos in the first post appear to show the tyre after it has deflated and come away from the rim, which exaggerates the look and could have caused some of the responses about how shocking the fit of the tyres looked. It’s possible that hitting a curb, or even a serious pot hole has caused the damaged wheel rim shown in the photo, which might have lead to air loss from under the bead, causing the deflation. This is speculation of course and I might be wrong.

A 245/45 will not offer the same protection as say a 265/40 on a 9” rim, but it’s not usually the horror show that some are suggesting it is.

I’m not sure why the seller isn’t offering 265/40 as a T32 rated option, my only thought is that they are less readily available than other sizes so it’s easier for them to offer the 245/45. They could offer the favourite of many companies (not my favourite) regardless of rim width, the 275/40, which gives the same overall rolling circumference as the 245/45, but would give much more rim protection.

It’s important to understand that in general terms a 245 isn’t too narrow for a 9” rim and should be safe, the seller hasn’t really recommended the “wrong” tyre.
Wise words as ever @The Van Cave

I think a 225 30 20 would look best but unfortunately they don’t do them in a high enough load rating

My guess is J4ckal is going apoplectic about now...
Hi all, bit late to the thread. I’m running Michelin 245/45/20’s ! They don’t look anything like the tyres fitted to the rims in question.There’s plenty protection I can drive up most curbs now if i have to , I still stay away. I was on 255/35/20’s and I could’t go near a curb. I moved to these after seeing a few on this size tyre. Here’s a couple of pics.

2320E037-C65C-4EB4-82B7-B6BCF48191A0.png

0B65E346-8F6A-427C-B361-88C50DDBA27C.png

8F5018A0-E7D0-4533-906C-D088D2BAE646.png

It looks like different brand tyres vary slightly even though they are the same size.

Back